Recipe Barbecued Spareribs

Chief Longwind

Über Member
Local time
12:40 AM
Saut Sainte Marie, Siberia, I mean Michigan
Last week, for a work pot luck, I made 4 racks of prok spareribs. They came out very good, and my fellow workers have let me know that anytime I feel like making them again, they'll pitch in the money to buy hte ingredients.

There are those hwo will state that my technique is not true barbecue. I argue that when you eat the ribs, you won't be able to tell the difference between ribs smoke all night, and my smoked ribs.

Here's the dry rub recipe.
2 cups dark brown sugar
2 tbs. granulated onion powder
1 tbs. granulaed garlic powder
1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
1 tbs. finely ground black pepper
1/4 cup chili powder
2 tsp. salt

Remove the silfer skikn from the ribs. Rub the seasoning all over the ribs. Let rest for 20 minutes, or place in a large zipper bag and place in the fridge overnight. When ready to cook, lay out a solid bed of charcoal on the charcoal grate. Place 5 sheets of wadded newspaper under the grate. pour use coking oil all over the charcoal and paper. Light the paper and walk away. Rimove the ribs.to a platter and take them out to the barbecue grill. Place several cunks of smolomg wood on top of the charcoal, in order to create smoke, and protect the meat from the direct radiation of the hot charcoal. Place the ribs in the center of the cooking grate, cover, and close all vent to the half-open position. Let them cook in the smoke for no more than 25 minutes. Cut the ribs between the bones, and place in a slow cooker. combine another batch of the rub ingredients in a 2 quart pot. Add 1/4 cup apple juice, and 1 tbs spicy mustard. Whisk into a smooth sauce. Pour over the ribs. Cook on medium setting of your slow cooker for 3 to 4 hours. Serve with your favorite sides. I recomend brown rice as a side, as the sauce spooned over the top is so good. Enjoy.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom