Recipe Basil Mozzarella Wontons

ElizabethB

Guru
Local time
8:04 PM
I was rummaging in the fridge and my little eye spied fresh mozzarella in whey, fresh basil, basil pesto and wanton wrappers. :scratchhead: HMMMM what can I possibly do with that?

An off the cuff - play with my food idea.

INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup chopped fresh Mozzarella (not that dry junk in a brick)
2 TBSP. chopped fresh Basil
1 tsp. Basil Pesto
sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

METHOD

Chop mozzarella and put in bowl
Chop Basil - add to Mozzarella
Add Basil Pesto
Stir well with a fork
Taste
Add at least 1/2 tsp fresh course ground black pepper
sea salt to taste
Place 1 1/2 to 2 tsps cheese mixture to the center of a wonton wrapper. Brush edges of wrapper with water. Fold wrapper over. Seal edges. Gently move into a crescent shape.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
In a saute pan heat vegetable oil (canola oil) about 1/2" to 3/4" deep, to 350 degrees F.
Gently place wontons in oil. Cook until golden brown turning as needed.
Remove to a cooling rack or paper towels.
Do not burn your mouth eating them.

I made the same thing with goat cheese. Love it but it does not meet the requirement of green forward. The mild taste of the mozzarella works great for the challenge. Definitely basil forward. G ate them as soon as I took them out of the pot.

I was rummaging in the fridge and my little eye spied fresh mozzarella in whey, fresh basil, basil pesto and wanton wrappers. :scratchhead: HMMMM what can I possibly do with that?

INGREDIENTS

1 tsp. Basil Pesto

METHOD

Add Basil Pesto
Stir well with a fork
Taste
sea salt to taste
Place 1 1/2 to 2 tsps cheese mixture to the center of a wonton wrapper. Brush edges of wrapper with water. Fold wrapper over. Seal edges. Gently move into a crescent shape.
In a saute pan heat vegetable oil (canola oil) about 1/2" to 3/4" deep, to 350 degrees F.

I made the same thing with goat cheese. Love it but it does not meet the requirement of green forward. The mild taste of the mozzarella works great for the challenge. Definitely basil forward. G ate them as soon as I took them out of the pot.

You make it sound so easy! I bet the taste was beautiful. Dipping sauce of ??

Russ

INGREDIENTS

1 tsp. Basil Pesto

METHOD

Add Basil Pesto
Stir well with a fork
Taste
sea salt to taste

I like it and sounds delicious... it would have been nice a photo too 😊

G will want snacks Monday evening while he watches the big college football championship game. I will make more and take pictures before he gets his hands on them.

rascal
I have to think about a dipping sauce.

Mix some balsamic with a bit of sugar and reduce until a drizzley syrup. But watch it closely, it goes from syrup to burned in a heartbeat, kind of like caramelizing sugar.

Back
Top Bottom