Recipe Beef and Andouille Sliders

CraigC

Guru
Local time
6:29 PM
Every Memorial and Labor Day weekend, we replenish our homemade Andouille sausage and Tasso supply. I always save some of the Andouille as unsmoked, bulk sausage. This is one of the ways I really like using it!

Ingredients
1 lb ground chuck (80/20)
3/4 lb bulk Andouille
1/4 C finely diced sweet onion
1/4 C finely diced green bell pepper
1/4 C finely diced celery
1 small clove garlic minced
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp Ketchup
1/8 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 C Emeril’s Rustic Rub (optional)
Pinch of Kosher salt
Cheese slices of your choice (optional)

Directions
1) Melt butter in a small skillet over med-high and sauté the onion, bell pepper and celery until soft.
2) Add a pinch of S&P to the veges while sautéing. When done, add the garlic and thyme. Continue cooking until the garlic is fragrant, then remove from heat and set aside to cool completely.
3) When veges are cool, mix all ingredients except the cheese in a bowl, being careful to not over work the meat.
4) I use a 1-1/2” ice cream scoop to measure the meat mixture out for consistent size balls, form the balls into 3” patties.
5) Let them rest in the fridge while you set up the grill to do burgers/sliders. IMO, for best tasting sliders, they should be done on a charcoal grill, preferably using hardwood lump. I used a full chimney of charcoal, banked to one side of my 22 Weber, creating a hot side and a cool side.
6) Right before the sliders go on I generously sprinkled one side with the Rustic Rub and drop several chunks of unsoaked hickory on the coals.
7) I put the sliders on rub side down on the cool side of the grill and sprinkled more rub on the unseasoned side.
8) I cook them with out using the grill lid, rotating them out from closest to the coals to furthest until they are done, flipping only once.
9) When done, I added the cheese (Colby-Jack) and put the lid on until the cheese melted.
10) They get served on Martin’s potato slider buns. Use toppings and condiments of your choice! Enjoy!

Note: Although bulk Andouille is cured, it is still raw pork and must be cooked to proper doneness! If in doubt, use an instant read thermometer to check internal temp.

Rustic Rub
Ingredients

8 tablespoons paprika
3 tablespoons cayenne
5 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
6 tablespoons garlic powder
3 tablespoons onion powder
6 tablespoons salt
2 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme

Instructions
Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Blend well. Can be stored in an airtight container in your spice cabinet for up to 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom