Beef or lamb tartare, anyone?

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
3:57 AM
[Mod.edit: post moved to new topic (MG)]
No need, I'm sure there's tartare threads already. Cheers.
I've not seen any tartare threads. I've tried beef tartare and didn't care for it. I've never tried lamb tartare before. Maybe I just didn't like the cut of beef or the way the person prepared it? I'd try the lamb, though. I might like yours!

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some tartare threads but they are quite old. We always need new threads.

I've eaten beef tartare. Its not my favourite way to eat beef but I understand its appeal. I've never tried lamb tartare.

Yeah, there are more restaurants serving tartare lately but it is a nuanced dish that requires understanding and I have to admit that many tartare's I've tried weren't very good, some were outright criminal and others were absolutely delicious. lol. Balance is crucial along with the handling of the protein used, for example ground or protein from a food processor is a no no imo.

I once tried kibbe in a Lebanese restaurant. Raw kibbe, which was raw beef, chopped into oblivion. I actually enjoyed it, although it´s not something I´d ever prepare at home. I also enjoy carpaccio - I even ate it once in Harry´s Bar, Venice, where it was invented. Divine.

I once tried kibbe in a Lebanese restaurant. Raw kibbe, which was raw beef, chopped into oblivion. I actually enjoyed it, although it´s not something I´d ever prepare at home. I also enjoy carpaccio - I even ate it once in Harry´s Bar, Venice, where it was invented. Divine.

I had a Bellini at Harry's Bar, just to say I did it. :laugh:

CD

There's a popular sandwich meat called 'filet Americain' in the Netherlands and 'Preparé' in Belgium which basically is raw beef steak mixed with seasonings ( and mayo, of course mayo) and served on toast or baguettes or with fries in Belgium.
Filet américain

I have no idea why it's called 'Americain' because it's certainly not American. But I like it. I eat it about once a month, because my husband is a great fan.

Back
Top Bottom