Recipe Beef roast in the crockpot

ally79

Veteran
Local time
7:40 PM
Beef roast is one of my family's favorite foods and I frequently cook them in the crockpot instead of in the Dutch oven. This recipe is super simple and can even be prepared the night before.

6 potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
5 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch slices
1 onion, quartered
2 -3 lbs boneless chuck roast
1/2 cup water or 1/2 cup beef broth
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup

Directions:

Put potatoes, carrots and onion on bottom of crockpot.
Place the roast on top, fat side up.
Pour in water or beef broth.
Sprinkle chives, parsley, pepper and Onion Soup mix over the meat.
Pour Worcestershire sauce and mushroom soup over meat.
Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
**Note: If your roast is frozen, start it on low the night before with just the water or broth. Add the rest of the ingredients the next morning and cook until dinnertime! If done this way, you can easily remove the fat layer in the morning before adding the other ingredients.

I have used Onion Soup mix on chicken in the crock pot, but I have never used it on a beef roast! I will most cretainly have to try this! Thank you so much for the recipe!
I have a roast in the freezer as we speak! I also do have Onion Soup mix in my cabinent. Perhaps dinner tomorrow night? Thanks again for sharing!
I once added celery to my beef roast. It was terrible! I will NEVER do that again! I thought it would be good for the celery to be slow cooked and seasoned. It was stringy, chewey and lacked flavor.
But experiementing is part of the fun of cooking!

Awesome, thanks!

Just purchased a slow cooker and have been constantly looking for recipes (haven't tried anything yet!) Thinking of doing a chicken noodle soup tonight. But definitely in the future I'm looking to do some sort of pot roast with whatever veggies I have on hand or buy at the store based on recipes I see.

Back
Top Bottom