Local time
7:54 PM
Here are 5 Sweet Treats that are less than 100 calories

5 Nabisco Nilla Wafers

1 Healthy Choice Mocha Fudge Swirl Bar

9 Totsie Roll Midgees

1 Skinny Cow Fat Free Fudge Bar

1 Nestle Butterfinger Stixx

Thank you for posting these. It is always nice to have some ideas when you are craving something sweet but you
don't want to over do it. I also like to buy those little Jelly Belly flavored jelly beans. I can have 35 of them for 140 calories.
Weight Watchers also have these little salty caramel brownies that are 90 calories. They are really sweet and really good.

I would like to add a couple of my own if you don't mind.

Butterkist.jpg
Butterkist microwave sweet and salty popcorn, 80 calories a portion (and they are a decent size portion as well). A firm favourite in this household...

metcalfs2.jpg metcalfs1.jpg
Metcalfe's skinny corncakes milk and dark chocolate just over the 100 mark at 118 calories.

cinema-sweet.png dark-chocolate-popcorn-thins-1.png
A few more under the 100 calories and sweet...

virgin-olive-oil-corncakes-225x300.png
Not sweet but my favourite... 85 calories per bag.... The virgin olive oil corncakes...
If I come up with any others I'll add them later...

I thank you for posting this @Pat. The question is going to be whether I can find any of these things around here. I used to love a granola bar to snack on but heard it was loaded with calories. I honestly never checked maybe because I just stopped buying them. Not sure that's smart.

I think two cups of almost any type of popcorn are 100 calories or less. The one thing I don;t like is those pre packaged 100 calorie snacks...there is no substance to them. Also, some of the yogurts and puddings are 100 calories or less..and of course everyone;s favorite a piece of fruit.

I think two cups of almost any type of popcorn are 100 calories or less. The one thing I don;t like is those pre packaged 100 calorie snacks...there is no substance to them.

You would think so with popcorn, but that is often not the case. Most prepopped popcorn has masses amounts of calories in it and I know from experience that even home popped popcorn can have much more in it as well. It is very easy to add 1tbsp of oil to the popcorn suddenly adding 120 calories to what was already 100 calories for very little popcorn in the first place.

The popcorn I have been eating is also much more than 2 cups for 100 calories. In fact the one I have at night is much closer to 3-4 cups. I'll try to remember to measure it next time I have some.

As for the prepackaged 100 calorie snacks, well they have improved considerably and I have been pleasantly surprised by the quantity in some of them. And they can be surprisingly filling thankfully (at least those in the UK anyway) . :popcorn:

Last edited:
One of my all time favourite is cottage cheese. I love that stuff. I simply add a fruit to eat with it and enjoy. Quick and easy snack that is way less than 100 calories, if you have 1/2 cup of it. I especially prefer cantaloupe with it!

One of my all time favourite is cottage cheese. I love that stuff. I simply add a fruit to eat with it and enjoy. Quick and easy snack that is way less than 100 calories, if you have 1/2 cup of it. I especially prefer cantaloupe with it!
I would imagine that the only cottage cheese that is below 100 calories for 1/2 a cup must be a very low fat version especially if you then want to add fruit to it and stay under 100 calories. Most dairy options in the full fat side of life are very high calorie, that being the reason that calves grow so quickly drinking only cows milk in their first few months of life.

A hard boiled egg, even a large one, comes in less than 100 cals. Dipped in a spice mix of your choice...

I started making those single serving egg cups in muffin tins and those are also under 100 calories and sooo delicious! I just add some onions and red peppers and that really adds all the flavoring I need. I can eat eggs any time of the day so it's a nice afternoon snack for me.

I would imagine that the only cottage cheese that is below 100 calories for 1/2 a cup must be a very low fat version especially if you then want to add fruit to it and stay under 100 calories. Most dairy options in the full fat side of life are very high calorie, that being the reason that calves grow so quickly drinking only cows milk in their first few months of life.

With the brand I use, regular would give around 119 for 1/2 cup of cottage cheese not counting the fruit. You are right though, It is a tiny bit more, I do like to get the light version sometimes. I guess I never took it into consideration since I always look for ways to get more milk and calcium in my diet.

A hard boiled egg, even a large one, comes in less than 100 cals. Dipped in a spice mix of your choice...

Add a slice of Melba toast and you are still under 100 calories.

1/2 mini bagel with 1 oz. smoked salmon is also a good choice.

Prawns (shrimp in US) are remarkably low in calories as long as you don't deep fry them in batter. 100g (3.5 oz.) of cooked prawns contain about 80 cals. That represents a lot of prawns. 75 grams (2.5 oz) is probably ample for a snack. You can make a simply plain yoghurt dressing as a dip/dressing and come in under 100 cals.

Dip/dressing: Mix 1 Tbsp plain Greek style low-fat yoghurt (or any fairly thick plain low-fat yoghurt) with 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard (or other mustard). Add chopped fresh herbs and grated lime/lemon zest if you wish. Tarragon is good.

Back
Top Bottom