Best Kosher Chocolate UK

Amateur1

Local time
5:17 AM
For my chocolate quinoa, I use 70% or 85% Green and Blacks dark chocolate. What kosher dark chocolate do you think has the best flavour in the UK?

Here is the updated recipe if anyone is interested.

QUINOA CHOCOLATE PORRIDGE

Ingredients

83 g quinoa raw (1 500g packet divided into 6)
220 ml water
140 ml (0.25 pints) milk,
3 tbsp (23g) cacao powder
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp Truvia
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp AllSpice
0.5 tsp black pepper
0.25 tsp salt
18g dark chocolate (6 squares Green and Blacks 85% - vary according to preferences)
1 tbsp Tahina

Instructions

Boil the quinoa then simmer the quinoa in water for 14 minutes as I find the quinoa does not become translucent when boiled in milk.
Add milk, turn the heat back up making sure to turn down the gas before it bubbles over (about 2 minutes)
Add dark chocolate
Once chocolate has melted, switch off gas for 1 minute.
Add remaining ingredients, stir vigorously and serve. Add more milk if necessary.

I'm still experimenting with these ingredients.

2 tsp smoked paprika
New Mexican Chilli powder instead of parika
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp AllSpice
0.5 tsp black pepper or grains of paradise
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp olive oil

If I was using vanilla seeds from a bean instead of vanilla extract, when should I add the seeds if I want the strongest vanilla flavour?

My favourite combination so far is with salt, truvia, maple syrup, dark chocolate and cacao. I want to make it healthier whilst retaining the delicious (in my opinion) flavour.

QUINOA CHOCOLATE PORRIDGE 2

Ingredients
(experiment with ingredients in italics)

83 g quinoa raw (1 500g packet divided into 6)
220 ml water
140 ml (0.25 pints) milk,
3 tbsp (23g) cacao powder
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp Truvia
18g dark chocolate (6 squares Green and Blacks 85% - vary according to preferences)
1 tbsp Tahina
2 tsp smoked paprika
New Mexican Chilli powder instead of parika
0.5 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp AllSpice
0.5 tsp black pepper or grains of paradise
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp olive oil
0.25 tsp salt
extra tbsp of tahina instead of the dark chocolate - so far disappointing.

Instructions

Boil the quinoa then simmer the quinoa in water for 14 minutes as I find the quinoa does not become translucent when boiled in milk.
Add milk, turn the heat back up making sure to turn down the gas before it bubbles over (about 2 minutes)
Add dark chocolate
Once chocolate has melted, switch off gas for 1 minute.
Add remaining ingredients, stir vigorously and serve. Add more milk if necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was using vanilla seeds from a bean instead of vanilla extract, when should I add the seeds if I want the strongest vanilla flavour?
I would as in an extra step, to boil the vanilla seeds in the milk and allow to steep (cool) for a period. The longer you leave it the better the flavour.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom