Best meal ever.

chefjlin

Veteran
Local time
9:52 PM
My friend went to Noma the other day, and she said it was the best meal she has ever had. I asked her why. She said it wasn't exactly the best tasting, but it was very intellectually stimulating, which made the meal very memorable and why Noma is number 1 on the list of Best Restaurants in the World.

What is your best meal?

I'll start. I would have to say the best meal is when I made ramen from scratch. I made the noodles, pork base stock, dashi, and soy base. I think I made ramen that suited my tastes after experimenting many times. I later shared it with my friends and family, and it was very comforting and memorable.

Hmm? My best meal I ever made or the best meal I ever had? The best meal I ever had, since I'm cheap, is the first cheeseburger I ever got to eat at McDonalds. Experience-wise though, it would be the mushroom soup at a business-luncheon for my mother and father when I was still very young. The soup itself was very watery but the mushrooms were whole and cooked to perfection with a light seasoning. The watery broth itself was also very tasty. It complimented the essennce of the mountains; which is where the hotel the luncheon had been at was located.

As far as the best meal I've ever made, I'll have to go with the time I made a complete Bed and Breakfast style breakfast. There were poached eggs on top of toast, grits, some oatmeal, waffles, biscuits, and cereal. I don't remember much of why I made all this food except for that it was mother's day and it was for a nice elderly woman who really deserves a lot more than she gets.

Back
Top Bottom