Best Pizza Chain?

Katie Cha

Veteran
Local time
3:53 AM
What would you consider the best pizza chain? I'm going to have to go with Papa John's. I love their pizzas, and I love their online ordering system. I recently got two large pizzas for $11, plus a free cookie cake. Not bad!

The only pizza chain that I eat at is pizza hut. And even that is extremely rare, though their pizzas are absolutely delicious! But most of the time, if I end up getting a pizza instead of making one myself, it's from a smaller place instead of a big chain.

Papa John's is good, but the best for me is California Pizza Kitchen! Their pizzas are good, their flatbreads are too. They have good locations, I always enjoy going there. Now for when I'm with my friends at a casual gathering in someone's house, we usually just get some Domino's pizza.

I so wish we had a California Pizza Kitchen here! We do have their frozen pizzas at stores, but frozen is just not the same. I would like to add that Walmart makes some REALLY good frozen pizzas in their deli section. It's almost like they are gourmet.

I'm a Pizza Express fan. they are great because the will happily amend their recipes to take into account I'm allergic to dairy! I have asked in the past for their garlic bread or dough balls with garlic butter to be made with olive oil instead of butter and they will happily do so. They will also switch out cheese with other ingredients free of charge for me (other places have tried to charge me for the extra ingredient!) and will double check any ingredients for me and best of all, they even have a dairy free dessert which actually means I can eat out!

I am assuming we are leaving out the local mom and pop joints - which I generally prefer over any chain joint.

I try to avoid all the major pizza chains, not only because their ingredients are so heavily processed, but also because of some of the things their owners have gone on record stating regarding minimum wage and health coverage for their employees. The owner of Papa Johns for example lives in a castle, literally, and he was sulking about having to pay for healthcare for his employees and threatening to raise the prices of his pizzas - as if that is some sort of threat to the average consumer. It's pure greed and it turns me away from being a customer of theirs. Pizza Hut also got flack for firing a manager who wanted to give his employees the day off for a major holiday recently (I can't recall if it was Thanksgiving or Christmas). I mean, really? I'm sure the CEO's of those companies took the day of and enjoyed it with their families, but they can't afford the same consideration and respect to their employees?

There was once a chain called Pizza Pan in my area that would give you two extra pizza's when you bought one (store pick up) or buy one get one free all the time for delivery. Granted, their "one" pizza cost like $17, but it was kind of funny walking out with like three 14" pizza's just for myself, lol. The other catch with them was they were very very light with their toppings. If you got pepperoni, there were maybe like 8 slices on the whole pizza.

What would you consider the best pizza chain? I'm going to have to go with Papa John's. I love their pizzas, and I love their online ordering system. I recently got two large pizzas for $11, plus a free cookie cake. Not bad!

I'm going to directly agree with you here. I like the pizza better than Dominos and Little Ceasar's (which has gone downhill in flavor in the last 2 decades). They are much cheaper than Pizza Hut. And I totally agree. The online ordering (along with the many available discount codes) is so easy and so wonderful. And actually, I have received e-gift cards in my email from random things that are also easy to apply and make the deals even better.

But the thing I love most about Papa John's is the dedication to local sports teams. I love that anytime a local team wins, there is a code that takes 50% off a pizza. It is a cool way that this chain stays connected to communities.

Back
Top Bottom