Best Way To Preserve Apples.

Elementalmage

Veteran
Local time
12:47 AM
I'm really proud of my apple trees, they give me really good fruit. I'm going to try and dry some of it but is there other ways that one can preserve apples? In a jar, as jelly, jams?

apple jam is always a good way to preserve apples. You can also cut them up into pieces and place them into the freezer until you are ready to make a pie or dessert with them. They will turn a little brown in the freezer, but if you are making a jam or pie with them later, that does not matter.

Depends on the type of apple ,we have a eating keeper that will stay firm if stored correct for 4 months ,we have a apple to eat asap ,we make apple pickle ,jellys and jams ,we stew down Bramleys to a purree and fresh in bags ready for use latter on
The only tree in my garden I suffer with is quince ,it has never fruited successfully ,
I have a couple of trees that have reverted back to there original grafts of green gages ,we also have a wildish damson tree

I love me some apple chips. I used to make them in my Nu-Wave. It was super fast & super delicious. Sadly, my Nu-Wave broke so I'm not partaking as often anymore but in the gall I think I'll try other methods. Apple butter is a great & easy move if you have a slow cooker. It's a pretty simple set & forget method.

Apple sauce is a quick way to use your apples. I make sauce out of the apples that have started to go bad when we have them. Apple butter is also a good way to use some of the apples.

Apple cake or crumble always goes down well, plus these desserts can be frozen too. You could also try dehydrating some apple rings if you have access to the equipment.

Back
Top Bottom