2 Cups Coca-Cola
1 Cup strong, brewed coffee
1 Teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 Pound can of kidney beans, drained
8 Ounces can tomato paste
1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce
1 Tablespoon adobo sauce

Preparation
In a large pot, brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Season with salt and pepper. Do not overcrowd pan (work in batches as necessary).
Turn heat to medium and add onion, peppers and celery to browned meat and stir, cooking until onion is translucent. Do not brown vegetables.
Add garlic and stir for another minute. Add chicken stock and scrape the bottom of pan with wooden spoon to release any browned bits.
Add remainder of ingredients, except for beans.
Reduce heat and simmer for 1 and a half hours.
Add beans and simmer for another 30 minutes.

Serving suggestions:
Keep warm in a slow cooker. Have ready bowls of garnishes, including chopped green onion, shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, sour cream, cilantro and chopped tomatoes.
Keep tortilla chips on hand, too.

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/stories/big-and-beefy-coca-cola-chili/

I have been craving chilli for days and then I see this recipe. It has so many ingredients that you know its gotta be good. This is the perfect thing to eat now that the temperatures are cooler. It is a great way to warm up after coming in from outside. I am thinking of making a big pot of it over the weekend. :)

Chocolate in there too! I've heard of a few people adding chocolate to their chili but it's not something I've experimented with yet myself in my recipe...let alone using coffee and coca cola! I think I'd give this a try next time I was making a batch of chili just out of curiosity as to how the flavors would all work together!

If nothing else, this looks good. The list of ingredients looks never ending I have to say though and as for adobo sauce, what is that? I'll Google it. Did you make up this recipe Classic 33. This looks like one of the 'richest' recipes I have seen around here in ages.

Back
Top Bottom