Birthday dinner. What do you like?

Treeca86

Veteran
Local time
10:25 AM
Tomorrow, July 30th, is my birthday. I have decided I will make myself and my son shrimp linguini for dinner. I bought some large Tiger Shrimp. I do not want the itty bitty prepackaged frozen salad shrimp, to me, that is not shrimp. I am so excited. I can't wait.
What do ya'll like to make for your birthday dinner? Or do ya'll go out?

I really do not make a lot of fuss about birthdays these days, but when I do want to mark the occasion with something special, I would go out to a restaurant for either lunch or dinner. Shrimp is definitely not one of my favourite dishes though. In fact, most of my family are allergic to it. I would go for any other kind of fish since I do like fish, preferably fried, and this can be had with most other dishes - rice, mashed potatoes, macaroni pie, etc. The dessert would be the most important part of the celebration, something like fruit cake, fruit salad and ice cream. Hope your day goes well.

Mmm! Shrimp... Happy, happy birthday to you :D

My last birthday, the extended family took me out to IHOP. Breakfast foods are my favorite, so I wouldn't be averse to a tradition of "breakfast for dinner" for my birthday. Pancakes or waffles, bacon, sunny side up eggs...even muesli, I like.

In the tradition of where I live, though, there ought to be noodles somewhere in some sympathetic magical thinking thing in that long noodles represent long life...although, you'd have to chew them up and cut them in your mouth into very very short noodles, or else leave them long and choke on them, which is rather contrary to the sentiment. I like noodles, too, though. I like the family recipe for tomato sauce and meatballs with it best.

I don't do anything special on my birthday, pretty much another day for me so I don't go out of my way to eat anything in particular.

I am not a huge birthday person, when it comes to myself, but love them for others. Happy Birthday! Growing up we would either go out or my Mom would make whatever we asked her to, this was usually lasagna, chicken nuggets and mac and cheese and other meals kids tend to like. As we all get older we tend to go out more, the birthday boy or girl gets to pick the restaurant!

We like to do something for our birthdays, this year we will be in Aldeburgh for my birthday so fish and chips whilst sitting on the beach will suit me just fine. The chippys around here are not very good at all, limp soggy chips and meagre bits of fish in soggy batter :sick:

We celebrated my 40'th in St Lucia :)

I like to have something different things for my birthday. Every year I actually have different things. Sometimes I'll go to steakhouse, sometimes I'll have Japanese food. The only thing that I cannot not have on my birthday is Cake! It's the perfect excuse to eat several slices of cake and not feel guilty about it

I cook almost everyday of the week so on my birthday, my husband usually cooks breakfast and then we go out for dinner. I love to go to Carrabba's and get their chicken alfredo or chicken Parmesan. Yum! I am not big on cakes. I'd rather bake a batch of brownies or go out for frozen yogurt/icecream.

Well, when I have the money I'll buy a ton of stuff from Domino's. I know it's bad for me, but hey, it's my birthday! Failing that, Spaghetti Bolognese, especially if I'm at home because my mum makes the best kind that I've ever tasted

It's funny that I'm reading this. My 30th birthday is next month and I've been trying to brainstorm on restaurants that I want to go to. My birthday is on a Tuesday and I already know I will get a homemade meal from my grandmothers (and I'll take anything they cook me), but I want to go somewhere nice on the weekend. What I'm running into is that I'm a picky eater and have nixed a lot of restaurants after looking at the menu. I'm leaning towards tapas.

It's funny that I'm reading this. My 30th birthday is next month and I've been trying to brainstorm on restaurants that I want to go to. My birthday is on a Tuesday and I already know I will get a homemade meal from my grandmothers (and I'll take anything they cook me), but I want to go somewhere nice on the weekend. What I'm running into is that I'm a picky eater and have nixed a lot of restaurants after looking at the menu. I'm leaning towards tapas.
Hmm tapas could be nice, but is it filling enough for you? I would recommend one of those big buffet places. Preferably a good one where the food is cooked right in front of you, rather than just heated up in the back. That way you've got as much choice as possible

It is my husband's birthday tomorrow so this is his birthday weekend. This evening we went to a Thai restaurant, very nice. We went to Thailand last year and have been looking for a restaurant and found one :thumbsup:

This morning we went to a cafe for a full English Breakfast, we won't need to eat again for a good few hours.

This morning we went to a cafe for a full English Breakfast, we won't need to eat again for a good few hours.
Nothing quite like a full English to leave you unable to eat for the rest of the day!

Nothing quite like a full English to leave you unable to eat for the rest of the day!

We started eating our breakfast just after 10am. We had no lunch, a cup of tea and a small tart at about 2pm and dinner was at 7pm. Normally the only time we eat breakfast out is when we are on holiday so yesterday was a treat.

Back
Top Bottom