Birthday gift for wife whilst we're stuck at home

Roger Burton

Local time
7:56 AM
Website
www.rogerburton.co.uk
Hi chaps, posting this here as my wife doesn't visit this site (I'm the cook) we are in the UK and are "staying at home", (we are in our early 70s) we have a reasonable amount of food and wine stocks and can, with difficulty, order more but it's my wife's birthday in 2 weeks and I wondered if anyone could give me a suggestion as to what I could possibly get as a gift that can be delivered, just a few bright ideas please, budget up to £50.

Thanks MG, we lead a simple (very happy comfortable) life, little money but we get by, Mags enjoys her garden, no special interest in food ... has enjoyed dressmaking but her sight is not good these days, enjoys doing things with the grandchildren but we are keeping away from EVERYONE until told otherwise (she is type 1 diabetic so "vulnerable") I will think of something.

You say she enjoys her garden, does she grow stuff from seed? A mail order of seeds, compost etc will keep her busy.

Good idea. Or maybe a speciality ornamental tree. £50 ought to buy a shrub or tree of a decent size which will perhaps flower this summer. A rose perhaps? The only thing that worries me is that garden centres are closed and its unclear how long any internet order for plants etc will be viable. My local garden centre closed today and is no longer doing internet orders.

I've already been thinking about this as one of my plans is to concentrate more on the garden.

Good idea. Or maybe a speciality ornamental tree. £50 ought to buy a shrub or tree of a decent size which will perhaps flower this summer. A rose perhaps? The only thing that worries me is that garden centres are closed and its unclear how long any internet order for plants etc will be viable. My local garden centre closed today and is no longer doing internet orders.

I've already been thinking about this as one of my plans is to concentrate more on the garden.
Thats why I thought seeds, the online seed people could keep going. But, yes a special shrub would be a gift to remember.

Or how about a garden feature/ornament?

A quick check: Dobies are still up and running. Sutton's has this banner.

Does she have a belt or a caddy for her gardening tools? Check her garden gloves. Do they need replacing? What about a sun hat or garden apron?

Back
Top Bottom