Black food

They say you eat with your eyes, which one is better : Food Taste vs Food Aesthetic

• food taste

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • food aesthetic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lovecookie

Local time
3:41 PM
[Mod.Edit] Post edited - if you do have recipes please post as a new thread}

Have you ever eaten black food?

I've been seeing on youtube "I only eat black food for a day" and I wanted to see if we can have any cool recipes
Like the recipes that you think are great and interesting!

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 6.57.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 6.57.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 6.57.53 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Paging morning glory... :)

I don't know if I've eaten black food that isn't traditionally black(ened). Wouldn't put me off, but something like black ice cream, or the black burger buns that Burger King came out with a while ago...it would feel more like a gimmick than anything else.

As to the poll question, I'm definitely someone who thinks food needs to look good as well as taste good, even to the point that I may give something a miss if it doesn't look appetizing, but ultimately, food is about taste and eating, so there you go. I'd rather eat something that tasted good and looked bad, versus looked good and tasted bad. :wink:

morning glory made some back ice cream, as well as some other things if I remember correctly. I made the black silkie chicken and have been thinking about getting some black cocoa powder and playing with it. I've had squid ink pasta, actually made it once too. Then there's forbidden rice (black), we've had it several different ways, including forbidden rice salad. I don't think black food in and of itself looks bad, depends on the presentation.

We've eaten plenty of foods that don't look so good, but taste great. A lot of "comfort foods" don't necessarily look great on a plate/bowl, but they sure do taste good.

Ahhh, how about a dessert pasta made with black cocoa powder. Bet that could be something tasty! Even a savory pasta, unsweetened cocoa could play off something nicely I bet!

Last edited:
Paging morning glory... :)

I don't know if I've eaten black food that isn't traditionally black(ened). Wouldn't put me off, but something like black ice cream, or the black burger buns that Burger King came out with a while ago...it would feel more like a gimmick than anything else.

As to the poll question, I'm definitely someone who thinks food needs to look good as well as taste good, even to the point that I may give something a miss if it doesn't look appetizing, but ultimately, food is about taste and eating, so there you go. I'd rather eat something that tasted good and looked bad, versus looked good and tasted bad. :wink:
I never tried the black burger bums but I feel like its more of a gimmick as well

for black icecream often times its sesame seed so I wonder if the color is coming from that

morning glory made some back ice cream, as well as some other things if I remember correctly. I made the black silkie chicken and have been thinking about getting some black cocoa powder and playing with it. I've had squid ink pasta, actually made it once too. Then there's forbidden rice (black), we've had it several different ways, including forbidden rice salad. I don't think black food in and of itself looks bad, depends on the presentation.

We've eaten plenty of foods that don't look so good, but taste great. A lot of "comfort foods" don't necessarily look great on a plate/bowl, but they sure do taste good.

Ahhh, how about a dessert pasta made with black cocoa powder. Bet that could be something tasty! Even a savory pasta, unsweetened cocoa could play off something nicely I bet!
def would want to try to make savory pasta with unsweetened cocoa thats a very cool idea!

The only thing I can thing of was some delicious pasta in squid ink I had at an italian restaurant. My lips and tongue turned black. Like those sweets 'blackjacks'.

Back
Top Bottom