Blackcurrant flan

Greenveg

Local time
10:45 PM
I have quite a few blackcurrants from my garden in my freezer. I would like to use some of them in a store bought sweet pastry case or sweet pastry tartlet cases. What is the best way to prepare the blackcurrants.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
If you simply want a flan filled with berries you don't really need to do anything other than tip the berries into the pastry case and add sugar (approx. 50g of sugar to 250g berries depending how sweet you want it) then bake for 20 mins. Or you could simply put the berries in a saucepan and cook them until they begin to collapse then tip into the precooked pastry case.

But perhaps are you wanting a flan with a custard type filling as well as the berries?

Greenveg

Local time
I just want to fill the pre baked cases with the berries and top with double cream that I will whisk to a clotted cream texture. Your advice is what I needed to know, just cook for a few minutes until the berries start to fall. Thank you.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
I just want to fill the pre baked cases with the berries and top with double cream that I will whisk to a clotted cream texture. Your advice is what I needed to know, just cook for a few minutes until the berries start to fall. Thank you.
Hope its good and I hope you stick around here. We are a friendly lot. :)

JAS_OH1

Local time
5:45 PM
How did they turn out?

Mewmew

Local time
Awwwww! I was going to say "Welcome!" Or "Belated welcome!" Nuts.... :(

Top Bottom