• Have never tried it/can't get it here

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
6:52 PM
Do you love it or hate it? Or perhaps you don't get it in your country. I was really surprised by the response to @HornedDemoN 's post Blue Cheese = Horrible. On a foodie form, I expected the majority to love it... so I thought a quick poll might be interesting.

Last edited:
I appreciate the poll, now I get to freely express my hatred of blue cheese! Haha. Well, it's not the worst thing in the world, but definitely one of the last cheeses I'd pick to eat if I had a choice.

I appreciate the poll, now I get to freely express my hatred of blue cheese! Haha. Well, it's not the worst thing in the world, but definitely one of the last cheeses I'd pick to eat if I had a choice.
Even if I didn't have a choice, I still wouldn't pick it. When I crumble it up for my husband's salads the smell lingers on my fingers for hours. I think it's yucky.

I love blue cheeses although I don't buy them often. The reason for this is that I am the only person in the house that eats it. When I do buy it, I only eat it in small quantities, usually on a cracker. I love making a creamy sauce with it to accompany steak and it works really well with pears.

Blue cheese, when done well, is excellent. Cashel Blue, an Irish cheese, is fairly easy to come by in the UK and is very tasty. I also like Shropshire Blue, which is reasonably straightforward to find as well. A little blue cheese grated on top of macaroni cheese gives it a pleasing tang.

I love it! I have had some from a local artisan cheese maker that is just amazing. It is definitely strong in flavor, but it's a wonderful flavor. I lol to enjoy it in small bites all by itself.

I like the mild blue cheese, and especially in a dip. I really like to dip veggies and wings in blue cheese dip. It really has a nice flavour combo with chicken. I have tried blue cheese on steak and like it as well. I like the idea of grating it on top of macaroni and cheese. Sounds interesting. My kids are developing a taste for blue cheese as well so this sounds like that would appeal to my whole family. I do think blue cheese is something people either really like or dislike. I have often made the blue cheese dip for friends and family and some people just stay away from it while others dive right in.

I buy a hard cheese from the new Forest which is a hard blue cheese called old Sarum but the hard cheese tend to get a bit ammonia ,not so keen when it ages we get a blue goats cheese as well that's ok ,I can eat Roquefort by the wedge but I have a soft spot for a cheese called Isle of Wight blue it's soft and subtle ,once tried never forgotten http://www.isleofwightcheese.co.uk/our-cheeses/iow-blue

When I was younger I liked blue cheese salad dressings, but not so much anymore. My ex brother in law used to make the very best blue cheese salad dressing and I loved that. It was not as strong flavored as that in a bottle. I do miss his salad dressing. He worked at a restaurant where they made all of their salad dressings from scratch and one of his jobs there was making them.

I love blue cheese. I use it in a lot of dishes (like grown up Mac and Cheese) and salad dressings and I also use crumbled blue cheese on beef. It adds a bite to just about any dish. I am surprised that there are so many that do not like it. Maybe I like it so much because I can't use it very often. The cost of it in Western Pennsylvania is through the roof. It's considered a specialty cheese here. Oh, but when I do splurge on it, I enjoy it until it's gone.

I love blue cheese. It's a funky, smelly cheese but is inredibly tasty. I had a blue cheese pizza recently and it was incredible. I like blue cheese on my salad too. None of my friends blue cheese though so I had to eat the whole pizza myself. Haha

I am not consuming milk, cheese and other dairy products so my answer is obvious. I wonder if the smell and appearance of blue cheese is caused by the type of molds present on it?

Yebbut which blue cheese? Here in the UK we can consider ourselves very fortunate in the choice available; I can name at least a dozen varieties off the top of my head, and I know there are many more. I feel doubly blessed to live in one of the counties allowed to make Stilton. The Colston Basset dairy is only 12km away as the crow flies, or 22km by road, and lies in the Vale of Belvoir, a great area for cycling. Cropwell Bishop is even closer, but I prefer to go the extra mile! Possibly even better than Stilton is Stichelton, which is in effect a Stilton made in the old way, with unpasteurised milk: the association of Stilton makers panicked in 1989 after an unwarranted food poisoning scare (Listeria hysteria?) and changed the rules to allow only pasteurised milk. For those who prefer a milder cheese, Cote Hill blue has won multiple awards and has the advantage of being produced in the county of my birth. :okay:

Back
Top Bottom