Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Yuk!

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I only like mild blue cheese

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Have never tried it/can't get it here

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
When I last looked it was about 50/50 as to who loves blue cheese v. Yuk! or 'only like it mild'. Now its shifted to 56/45 ( figures rounded down or up accordingly). :happy:

Yebbut which blue cheese? Here in the UK we can consider ourselves very fortunate in the choice available; I can name at least a dozen varieties off the top of my head, and I know there are many more. I feel doubly blessed to live in one of the counties allowed to make Stilton. The Colston Basset dairy is only 12km away as the crow flies, or 22km by road, and lies in the Vale of Belvoir, a great area for cycling. Cropwell Bishop is even closer, but I prefer to go the extra mile! Possibly even better than Stilton is Stichelton, which is in effect a Stilton made in the old way, with unpasteurised milk: the association of Stilton makers panicked in 1989 after an unwarranted food poisoning scare (Listeria hysteria?) and changed the rules to allow only pasteurised milk. For those who prefer a milder cheese, Cote Hill blue has won multiple awards and has the advantage of being produced in the county of my birth. :okay:

What a cornucopia of blue cheese! I reckon we could persuade some of the Yuk! voters to reconsider, if they could only taste some of these British delights.

When I last looked it was about 50/50 as to who loves blue cheese v. Yuk! or 'only like it mild'. Now its shifted to 56/45 ( figures rounded down or up accordingly). :happy:

I just voted in the positive. Yum, yum, and yum. I know a lot of people are put off by it, by I find it delicious. My dad got me started on it when I was really little, surprisingly. Danish bleu cheese is my favorite type, I think. I've yet to find any of it that I don't like.

Where is the category "Don't know it" shown? I'll have to check and see if it's anywhere around here. The last time I saw cheeses to scream about was more than 20 years ago while in Holland. If it is here I can promise you it cost an arm and a leg.

I voted just because it was added for me. I just don't know 'can't get it here' applies. I hope another Bajan does not join and call me out for voting incorrectly. So for the record I 'have never tried it' is my final answer.

Back
Top Bottom