Books vs Web vs Apps

I honestly use both the internet and recipe books. I guess I am a little old-fashioned and like to flip through my recipe cookbooks and look for ideas and inspiration. My cookbooks have been passed down to me by my grandmother and mother, so a lot of the recipes are sentimental to me and bring back great memories.
I do like to browse Pinterest for fun, exciting and new recipes. I like to look at creative ways to decorate, bake, and cook. :)

I really like looking through cookbooks and copying recipes I want to try out, but I probably use the web a whole lot more to find recipes. It is just so much easier to pull up a bunch of blogs and find recipes or search through allrecipes than it is to go to the library to find recipes I want to try. I do love the library though. :cat:

Although I love my books I have found myself more and more utilizing the internet for new recipes. Not only is it free to do so (well, for the cost of my monthly internet bill), but its fast and usually you can find videos to walk you thru the entire recipe.

Books..Webs..Apps.. For me all of these are good source of information and learning when it comes to cooking. Since that I always love to innovate and create recipes I used all of these for my guide and for getting some ideas how to widen my knowledge about preparing and cooking deliciously and healthy meals.

Books still have some benefits over finding your recipes online. At first I used to think that it would be nice to have a tablet to view my recipes on while I am cooking - that way I don't have to write everything down or waste time printing stuff out with my printer. However I quickly realized that it sucks trying to flip through stuff on your screen when your hands are dirty from cooking or baking. To make things even more annoying are when the screen auto shuts off to save power, then not only do I have to turn it back on, I need to swipe through my security code each time as well to get back to what I was looking at.

Also, even though it is convenient to find recipes online, that does not mean they are all tried and tested recipes. You will often find yourself wading through a lot of amateur recipes. I swear some of them were written by people who never even tried them out - perhaps they were just churning out "content" to help out with the SEO of their own web sites or something like that. At least with books, particularly from reputable publishers, their brand is more on the line so I'm assuming they are a little more careful about the recipes they choose to include.

Haven't even touched a cooking book in a long time. I prefer the internet, mainly because I get a lot of different variations of the same dish and most website also allow for people to comment. Some of the best variations to my dishes have come from those comments!

Back
Top Bottom