Bourbon and Coffee

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
5:45 AM
Good Morning/Evening,

Anyone that knows me here, knows that I am a bourbon drinker. I was trying to think of a few new drinks to make on Christmas. My research let me to serving a cold brew bourbon coffee drink.

I have never made cold brew coffee. My son said that its as simple as coarsely grinding some beans, and letting the seep overnight in a pitcher of water. Then he recommends double straining.

As for the cocktail. I'm leaning towards making a maple bourbon cream?

Here are a couple of recipes that I'm thinking of stealing from.

Easy Cold Brew Coffee with Homemade Bourbon Cream

The Black ‘n Bourbon Coffee Cocktail Recipe | FreshGround Roasting

I thought this sounded intriguing

Bourbon and Coffee Cold Brew Cocktail

Thoughts on any of the above recipes? Do you have any of your own?

Thanks in advance!

B

We don’t really drink cold coffee, but we love hot coffee boozy drinks and have a few favorites of those.

Share them please!
Ok, first off, none of these contain bourbon (sorry!), but I'm posting them anyway. :)

A little history: We have a decades-old Christmas market outside of Cincinnati, put on by one of our local German clubs (Germania). All these drinks come from a little locally-produced booklet of drinks recipes for the drinks they sell at their drinks booth. I think the booklet sold for $1 when I last worked the booth.

The booklet itself is comprised of cold drinks (mainly shots), and hot drinks (mostly hot chocolate-based ones). I've included the coffee-based drinks here:

Recipe - Calypso Coffee (Hot Drink)
Recipe - Hot Tub Heaven (Hot Drink)
Recipe - Psycho Joe (Hot Drink)
Recipe - Slapshot (Hot Drink)

We've had all of those (and all the others :laugh:) and they're all good. I usually "cook the book" every holiday season.

Minus the bourbon. My first cold brew was a success

Back
Top Bottom