Boursin to launch a plant-based version in the UK

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
9:49 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
After a successful launch in USA, Boursin is to launch a vegan version of its Garlic & Herbs cheese exclusively in Sainsbury's supermarkets in time for Christmas and to other retailers from Feb 2022.

Boursin Dairy Free Cheese Spread Alternative | Boursin Cheese

I wonder how long I'll have to wait for it to arrive in Australia?
(mind you I do have a pretty decent alternative based on tofu & refined coconut oil)

I use Boursin as a 'quick trick' melted and mixed with a little pasta water as a pasta sauce. I'm curious to know if this vegan version will work. If I can get this Boursin I will try it out. I don't do on-line Sainsbury's at the moment but maybe it will pop up elsewhere. This is made with coconut oil too.

Last edited:
I use Boursin as a 'quick trick' melted and mixed with a little pasta water as a pasta sauce. I'm curious to know if this will work. If I can get this Boursin I will try it out. I don't do on-line Sainsbury's at the moment but maybe it will pop up elsewhere. This is made with coconut oil too.
We have a couple of recipes that use it in a similar way, with one of our favorite courgette soups being the main one.

I don't know if it would melt into hot water given its coconut oil, but the ingredients list shows emulsifiers so it might do. Curiously they have chosen to go both soy and nut free with it as well.

We have a couple of recipes that use it in a similar way, with one of our favorite courgette soups being the main one.

I don't know if it would melt into hot water given its coconut oil, but the ingredients list shows emulsifiers so it might do. Curiously they have chosen to go both soy and nut free with it as well.

Checked my Sainsbury's on-line here and its not yet stocked (the on-line is picked from the local store). However, I've now signed up to Sainsbury's deliveries so when available I will order.

I only add a splash of pasta water (which has starch in it from the pasta) to the Boursin.

Checked my Sainsbury's on-line here and its not yet stocked (the on-line is picked from the local store). However, I've now signed up to Sainsbury's deliveries so when available I will order.

I only add a splash of pasta water (which has starch in it from the pasta) to the Boursin.
it's due in December just in time for Christmas

Back
Top Bottom