Recipe Brazilian chicken pastel

Those are usually called slicks by most people I know. They are more like thick noodles. Just depends on where you are and what you grew up with.

Dumplings to me and mine are puffy sort of like American biscuits once cooked.
That's also what I think when I hear dumplings. Something like this:

n-and-Dumplings-Recipe-1-sm-e1539893839955-735x774.jpg

• Love
Reactions: mjd
When making chicken and dumplings, it's not unusual to use chicken broth in the dumplings.

"Dumplings" can mean a lot of different things, and even within "chicken and dumplings," there's no standard of what a dumpling is. To me, this is what chicken and dumplings look like:

View attachment 54205

Do you mean that chicken stock/broth is used in making the pastry or flour mix here? I meant that chicken stock is added to the flour partly in place of water in LissaC's recipe. Its that that I've never come across.

Do you mean that chicken stock/broth is used in making the pastry or flour mix here? I meant that chicken stock is added to the flour partly in place of water in LissaC's recipe. Its that that I've never come across.
Yes, that's what I mean. I'm not understanding what you're saying, though, as it sounds like the same thing.

Yes, that's what I mean. I'm not understanding what you're saying, though, as it sounds like the same thing.

Its probably just me getting confused.

What fascinated me was the use of stock/broth in pastry - as in the sort of 'shortcrust' pastry in LissaC 's recipe. At least, I thought it was a sort of shortcrust. I may be wrong! In her recipe its then fried. What you showed in the photo was almost like pasta so I thought maybe it was very different.

Its probably just me getting confused.

What fascinated me was the use of stock/broth in pastry - as in the sort of 'shortcrust' pastry in LissaC 's recipe. At least, I thought it was a sort of shortcrust. I may be wrong! In her recipe its then fried. What you showed in the photo was almost like pasta so I thought maybe it was very different.
Oh, I get it now. It's not you, it's me over-generalizing. Pastry/pie crust/pasta in my mind are all variations of dough, and I read what you were saying as never having heard of broth being used in a dough recipe.

I'm square now. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom