Bread crumbs on Bake Chicken

mackie

Veteran
Local time
6:27 AM
When I'm baking chicken as part of my last preparation, just before I place the pan in the over I sprinkle bread crumbs over the chicken. This adds a real nice flavour to the chicken when its finished baking, makes it a lot more delicious in my opinion. Does anyone here do that?

That sounds great. How much breadcrumb to you use, enough that its like a coating? Or just a light sprinkle?

Not enough to make a coating but a little more than a sprinkle as well.

Sort of. When I'm in the mood for "fried chicken" but don't want to use all that oil and would like something a little healthier too, I toast the seasoned breadcrumbs in a pan first until they get a golden brown color. Then I add a small amount of olive oil to the breadcrumbs and keep stirring them constantly until it is completely combined with them - it takes a little longer, and will clump at first but eventually it will all incorporate with them and you will have crumbs again.

After that, it's your standard breading procedure. Wash and pat the boneless skinless chicken dry. Then dip in egg, then into the toasted breading - and coat each piece completely. You'll find the little bit of oil you added to the breading will also help the crumb coating stick together and to the chicken more too.

Carefully place the chicken pieces on a wire rack on a baking sheet, and be sure not to crowd them. Just roast them in the oven until they are firm to the touch, cooked through, and the crust is toasty and crispy.

Back
Top Bottom