Breakfast For Dinner

PinkGlitter

Veteran
Local time
1:12 PM
Sometimes on a busy work night, breakfast for dinner is the perfect meal. Instead of meatloaf and mash potatoes, bacon, eggs and pancakes are just as satisfying and far less of a hassle. Does anyone here ever crave a hearty breakfast at times other than the morning? How often do you have breakfast for dinner , what do you like to eaon those nights?

Yup!! I sometimes do!! Grits, bacon, eggs and toast.

There is no law that said that you can't have breakfast for lunch or dinner.

In fact, most restaurants like IHOP, Waffle House & Huddle House serve breakfast all day long!! IHOP, the restaurants that are open 24 hours, serves breakfast morning, noon & night!! :wink:

In the UK we have a full fry up and with a few sauté potatoes it's a top meal any time of the day ,beans ,black pudding sausage dry cured bacon ,free range eggs cooked how you want them toasted sour dough bread big flat portobello mushrooms plumb tomatoes,the quality of the ingredients can match that of any meal if done right ,you can even slice the ingredients up and fry them off with a dressing and serve them as a salad with a poached egg ,and no one would even judge you!

We are doing that for dinner tonight actually - blueberry pancakes and bacon for me, and a 'breakfast scramble' for hubby that was eggs, red peppers, bacon, olives, some salsa in tortilla wraps!

It was one of those nights where cooking a big elaborate meal didn't seem appealing so breakfast foods it is!

I prefer to have breakfast for dinner. I tried that you enjoy it a lot more because you are not as rushed as you are in the mornings. Plus I find that food tastes a lot better later in the day then it does in the early morning. When I have it for dinner I like it with all the fixings.

Sometimes on a busy work night, breakfast for dinner is the perfect meal. Instead of meatloaf and mash potatoes, bacon, eggs and pancakes are just as satisfying and far less of a hassle. Does anyone here ever crave a hearty breakfast at times other than the morning? How often do you have breakfast for dinner , what do you like to eaon those nights?

I just love the title of this thread and I have actually had breakfast for dinner several times. Those days when I don't feel like doing very much. Interestingly enough though, I have never had dinner for breakfast as I am not much of a big breakfast person. Maybe I'll have 'breakfast, breakfast' today as it's a holiday.

It depends what kind of breakfast. I wouldn't particularly want cornflakes or porridge for dinner. But a good English fry up always hits the spot. Kedgeree used to be served for breakfast in the UK (to posh people mainly - it was brought here from India). Now you can order it on a restaurant menu. And then there's kippers or Eggs Benedict, all great dishes for later in the day. Since I never eat breakfast (and only have a super-skinny midday snack) I can sometimes indulge in a hearty evening breakfast if I wish, without feeling guilty.

I got a laugh with the thread title. But I agree, there were times that we eat breakfast food for dinner. Last month we had fried rice, fried dried fish, salted eggs with tomato but instead of juice or milk, we had soda. That was our dinner. It is not about the budget or expense but the taste buds that sometimes gets tired with a variety of meat dishes every day. So the recourse is to eat something different for dinner.

I am not a big egg eater but sometimes the only thing you really want is an omelet with some home fried potatoes. It does not make and difference what time of day it is.

I will often make breakfast for dinner. My kids love breakfast sausages, so I'll scramble eggs, toast and add some home fries. I know it's a meal the kids love and it's quick and easy to make after a long day at work. I'll add fruit salad to get in another food group as dessert.

I think I could live on breakfast food around the clock, with a few other dishes thrown in. I rarely eat a big breakfast, since I can't stomach anything too heavy early in the morning. Therefore, it's a treat for me to cook and eat it later in the day. It also reminds me of special times growing up, and also fun times with friends, when we used to go clubbing, then out for breakfast around 3 a.m.

Years ago I used to have a bowl of dried cereal at night. This would be Cornflakes, Raisin Bran or Rice Crispies. I have not eaten this type of cereal for a long time. There are times when I would fry or scramble an egg at night along with some bread and butter and a hot beverage. Who says that eggs can only be eaten in the morning, even though we tend to associate them with breakfast? I don't do this often though. I have never done pancakes at night either.

Years ago I used to have a bowl of dried cereal at night. This would be Cornflakes, Raisin Bran or Rice Crispies. I have not eaten this type of cereal for a long time. There are times when I would fry or scramble an egg at night along with some bread and butter and a hot beverage. Who says that eggs can only be eaten in the morning, even though we tend to associate them with breakfast? I don't do this often though. I have never done pancakes at night either.

If I want something light at night, I'll do what you mentioned, scrambling or frying up an egg with a piece of toast. I do that in the Summer a lot, since it doesn't heat up the house, and satisfies my appetite.

Oh we love having breakfast for dinner at my house. Ours usually consists of scrambled eggs, cheese hashbrowns, bacon, and sometimes pancakes. It is much easier to make this meal at night than to try and stir up the energy to do it in the morning. Cream of Wheat with toast and bacon is another favored dinner treat.

I love breakfast for dinner because we usually associate breakfast with the sun, positivity and big portions! When I eat my breakfast my for dinner it usually consists of fried rice, bacon, sunny side up and an orange juice. I sometimes usually mix up the orange juice with a little champagne or gin just because it's night time and I like to sleep soundly with a little alcohol in me. Night caps anyone? :)

Back
Top Bottom