Brown Sugar?

We always use brown sugar at home for our cooking and baking needs if the recipes calls for it. As they said brown sugar is healthier to use compared to white sugar which had been processed already.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. In a way, brown sugar is processed also, and so is molasses. :thumbsdown:

That is one particular type of brown sugar made for a specific purpose, for the crystals. The same is not true for light brown soft sugar. In the uk at least...

We really need the op to clarify what brown sugar and light brown sugar actually are. However given she asked what the difference between light brown and dark brown sugar is, I have aimed she is referring to soft sugar not crystallised sugar...

I believe I covered that by mentioning refined white vs raw plus the commercial products packaged as such. The wiki link was a discussion about the science of sugar. Sugar is made here so...

http://www.differencebetween.info/difference-between-dark-and-light-brown-sugar

I actually wondered about this but never searched until now. The link pretty much confirms what others are saying. We still export sugar here in our country. My folks were cultivators of sugar can back in the day. Now my mom has only a small amount of what what are juicy canes which she saves for special friends to get a taste.

I believe I covered that by mentioning refined white vs raw plus the commercial products packaged as such. The wiki link was a discussion about the science of sugar. Sugar is made here so...
Sugar is also made in the UK which is how I know all about beet sugar. Cane sugar is a different matter altogether and I am not certain you are distinguishing between the two. Light brown soft sugar and dark brown soft sugar in the UK are both cane sugars, not beet sugar.

Also with white sugar, it is often refined over charcoal made from animal bones, another reason I know a reasonable amount about it.

Perhaps starting a new thread rather than hijacking this one would be a better idea?

Back
Top Bottom