Buffet Food

lizzief79

Veteran
Local time
5:46 AM
This might be a bit random to people from other countries as I do not know if buffets are the done thing elsewhere. I am from the UK and buffets are commonplace at parties and receptions. For those who don't know, this is where a selection fo different food/ dishes is available and people help themselves rather than having a sit down meal or ng served by staff. It might be called something else in other places.

Anyway, I am having a joint Christening for my two youngest children as soon as I can afford it. Planning a buffet menu has been part of my planning to see when I can afford it. I will be doing the catering myself, either transferring the food I have made to a venue or hosting at home. At the moment, I have the following plans:

Hot buffet: Vegetarian lasagne (my speciality), medium chicken curry, chilli con carne, rice, jacket potatoes.
Cold buffet: a selection of sandwiches, mixed salad, dips, crudites, breadsticks, pasta salad, rice salad, goats cheese and caramelized onion tartlets, cold meats, a whole salmon with prawns, bread rolls.
Desserts: individual apricot and ginger cheesecakes (my other speciality), meringue cases, mixed berries and fruit salad that both can be used either to fill the meringues or on their own, chocolate cake, apple pie, whipped cream, pouring cream.

Is there anything I haven't considered/ catered for? Any suggestions? What do you think?

(P.S. Don't suggest anything that is going to take ridiculous amounts of time or cost a lot of money. I am on a limited budget and it will mainly be me, my mum, my mum's best friend and my sister doing the work.Actually, discount my sister. She can't cook. She will probably do the salad!)

Back
Top Bottom