Burns Night - 25th January

My boss, now retired, is a Glasgow lass, another colleague is from Dundee, both agree that haggis is not commonly found on a Scottish plate.

I suppose we tend to think of haggis as a special dish eaten once a year on Burn's night, but in Scotland its actually just an everyday dish that's eaten year round. It also works well as part of a cooked breakfast.
A few years ago we had a walking holiday around Ben Nevis and stayed at a B&B in Fort William. The "Full Scottish Breakfast" came with a slice of fried haggis in the space on the plate where the Black Pudding should be. It made an adiquate substitute, but I do prefer to eat it with gravy.

:hyper:

P_20190125_174502.jpg

IMG_1017a.jpg

I saw a picture of this version on another website and thought I would try to recreate it. It wasn't generally well received, but I liked it. Haggis topped with swede then mashed potato. The sauce is whiskey and wholegrain mustard.

View attachment 22190
I saw a picture of this version on another website and thought I would try to recreate it. It wasn't generally well received, but I liked it. Haggis topped with swede then mashed potato. The sauce is whiskey and wholegrain mustard.

Looks and sounds like a great idea however I am not a fan of whisky but I like the idea.

Back
Top Bottom