Butter Coffee - way better than expected

Jaymun

Veteran
Local time
2:27 AM
I've been about butter coffee a lot lately, it's just coffee blended with unsalted butter and sometimes coconut oil, and nothing else.

It sounded disgusting, but I tried it today and was amazed. I found that I got the energy more slowly instead of all at once, and I didn't crash. I also didn't get hungry until MUCH later in the day than normal.

I'm not sure I'll be having it too often, because the extra calories from butter every morning aren't something I want, but I'm definitely going to treat myself to it every once in a while

Wait what?

I gotta try this. Did you make it cold or hot?

Ummm. Sounds a bit odd!

Is the butter melted, or do you blend it in a paste and eat with a spoon?

Ground coffee, or instant?

It's made hot, and I use ground coffee.

You make the coffee just like normal, then put the coffee into a blender (I use my Magic Bullet, it's the perfect size) and put about 1 tablespoon of UNSALTED (this is important, salty coffee is terrible) butter and blend.
I thought it would turn out oily and weird, but it becomes very smooth, with a nice foam at the top.

Uh Uh - not me - I grind em fresh and have it black and strong. Variations in my daily Joe is a different varietal. Sorry, I'm a coffee snob and I don't tinker with my coffee taste buds or the Coffee Gods.

You make the coffee just like normal, then put the coffee into a blender (I use my Magic Bullet, it's the perfect size) and put about 1 tablespoon of UNSALTED (this is important, salty coffee is terrible) butter and blend.
I thought it would turn out oily and weird, but it becomes very smooth, with a nice foam at the top.

Oh, I get it now, the butter is instead of milk!

I was imagining coffee beaten into soft butter or something. I guess butter is just milk anyway....

Okay, going to try this tomorrow. I'll make two cups in my moka pot in case I ruin the first one, though!

Back
Top Bottom