Buying Supplies

sillylucy

Veteran
Local time
4:26 AM
Where do you guys buy most of your canning supplies? I have been to the Container Store near me in Los Angeles. There is one about an hour away from me. I have thought about buying jars on Amazon, but shipping is so high.

In the UK I actually buy my jars from the supermarket complete with (unwanted) contents because it is much cheaper that way - OK I have to clean them but I can deal with that (we don't have a dishwasher). The cheapest jars come with lemon or orange curd in them for 22p a jar... If I wanted to purchase empty jars I am looking at £1.00-£1.50 a jar. I have purchased around 40 jars this way this year because family & friends have not been able to supply me with enough recycled jars complete with metal lids.

It's true! Many jars of food or ingredients that you already need in the kitchen can be used for canning purposes, and there are some really fancy like those of some brands of marmalade.

I usually do the same as Sat, wash thoroughly the jars, which ca be sterilized either with a machine or into boiling water. Otherwise I may go to a supplier store when I need specific containers for a given canning project. Usually canned food to give away in this last case.

Back
Top Bottom