Camping

We have been camping twice once in the Lake District and once in Glen Coe Scotland. Both sites had really good facilities. We haven't been for a long time, much prefer the comfort of a hotel and en-suite.

I promise you I won't. Apart from anything else I have trouble getting up if I sit on the ground due to age and weakness in legs. I can't deal with cold to any degree either as I'm prone to chill very quickly. I even get numb fingers when driving due to poor circulation. Also, how am I supposed to do my hair in the morning (I need hairdryer and straighteners). And how am I supposed to go to the loo?
There's a book been written on that last question by Kathleen Meyer.

Morning glory,
Most places have restrooms. Or you could always get a travel trailer. We looked at one the other day that was about 400 square feet. They have bathrooms and full kitchens. And a living room and a bedroom. Heck I have seen a few that even had washing machines.

Now for the chihuahua.
20140928_164407.jpg

He is in his playpen. We used it once. He loved it as long as the door was open. Close the door and he pulled up the floor and escaped.
Now back to camping. He straightened the ring on his collar where his leash attached one time because he wanted some turkeys. He now has a much stronger ring.
Though I think now he wouldn't go far anyway. He tried chasing a squirrel. After about 8 feet, he just laid down looking like why did I do that. He is 14 years old.

There's a book been written on that last question by Kathleen Meyer.
I'll look it up. But you know I hate the whole concept. I like to be warm and have somewhere (private) to plug in hair appliances and go to the loo. I quite like caravans and camper vans and have done that with my kids when they were little. But under canvas? That's for the young and rugged.

Now for the chihuahua. View attachment 3411
He is in his playpen. We used it once. He loved it as long as the door was open. Close the door and he pulled up the floor and escaped.
Now back to camping. He straightened the ring on his collar where his leash attached one time because he wanted some turkeys. He now has a much stronger ring.
Though I think now he wouldn't go far anyway. He tried chasing a squirrel. After about 8 feet, he just laid down looking like why did I do that. He is 14 years old.
He's a good age and very cute. I've got a rather mad Manchester Terrier. Much as I like dogs I prefer to be free of them (and children). But I've grown to love him...

DSCF2818.jpg

DSCF2817.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom