Can anybody suggest a good ready-to-eat lasagna?

Local time
7:14 AM
Has anyone had any luck with those easy-bake lasagnas? We've bought a few brands lately, but all of them taste really tacky and unoriginal. I wish I could find one that at least sort-of tasted homemade. I'm not looking for anything significant, just something that tastes somewhat like the real thing. I've heard of using those no-bake noodles for it, so I think I'll look into that as well...But in the meantime, does anybody have a suggestion as to a ready-to-eat lasagna brand that tastes good?

Tough question since I've chosen to make my homemade solely for a few years now... BUT since you asked... :)

The only brand I ever had that we actually liked well enough to buy a second time was Stouffer's. It's still a far cry from homemade, but at least there's not that "fakey" taste that some of them have because of the preservatives. The sauce was nice and thick, so that was a plus and I've found a few Stouffer's things that really do taste pretty close to homemade.

I've noticed it comes in all kinds of sizes, too, from an individual serving to huge family-size for about $12.

I would suggest trying Marie Callender's meat lasagna! She makes the BEST frozen products on the market hands down! Nothing else compares to her meals in my opinion. Her pot pies are also very, VERY good! Flaky crust and packed full of big chunks of meat and veggies!

Obviously, homemade tastes the best! However, if I am going to buy a frozen lasagna, I agree that Marie Callender has the best. Not only is her lasagna good, but her pot pies are fabulous! My husband loves all of her frozen meals and buys them when I have to go out of town and can't cook for him.
I bought Stouffer's lasagna in the freezer section of my local grocery store. I thought it was okay, but my husband didn't care for it at all. It all depends on your personal taste. I definitely prefer homemade, BUT if I must buy a frozen one, it would certainly be Marie Callenders.

First of all, you might want to state where you live since most brands aren't available all over the world.
I always go for the very cheap ready to eat lasagnas and then add my own spices in order to increase the flavour.

Back
Top Bottom