Can somebody please tell me how to use this metal thing?

Puggles

Veteran
Local time
3:48 AM
How do you use this metal thing!? I cannot figure it out and the instructions say nothing about what it is or how to install it. This is driving me nuts.

1657755200373.jpeg

Wait a sec..... Is this it? I don't get it?
I don't understand how this would help me during the process. You feed it from the top down, not lying down from the side.
20220713_194723.jpg

You run the sheets through a few times until you get a nice flat, even sheet..Like GH says, it helps keep the pasta stay nice and even so it moves/guides through the cutters easier..

Yeah, here’s a pic of it in use, from Amazon’s listing:

View attachment 87727
How many things can they get wrong in 1 photo.

Gotta love advertisers and the inference of clean and simple, but that machine never cranked out those sheets on the bottom and the sheets are dry as a bone and perfectly strait edged. Fresh pasta isn't a plank and should lie on the metal tray and not held above it, that defeats the purpose. Anyway, we get it, and I guess that's the point. lol. Personally I've never use the metal tray and just feed the pasta through with my one hand while cranking with the other. I believe I did that because the pasta caught on the tray edge a lot and was a PITA. Cheers. The commercial cranker at work has a much better tray and works like a charm.

Yea, I was gonna say that Pic seemed like the person in charge didn't know what they were doing. Those sheets are far too perfect and precise.

Back
Top Bottom