Can you put frozen chicken back in the freezer?

MrMajeika

Local time
10:59 AM
Took some chicken out the freezer about an hr or so ago. Then I thought as I want to put a marinade on it it might not work so well frozen so I thought to put the chicken back in the freezer and buy some fresh. As I say it has only been out of the freezer around 90 mins and it still feels completely frozen and it is quite a cool day. Is it too much of a risk to put back in the freezer?

Actually if temps have not risen above the high thirties (F), or maybe have just touched 40 F, you should be fine. Having gone through various electric outages in my home-ownership career, as long as you watch it - you should be fine. I did research this, too.

Another option is if it has thawed fully, cook and then re-freeze. I've done this, too. When in doubt, this is the best option.

In your case - it is still completely frozen to your touch.... return it to the freezer!

Thanks for the info. I'm probably just being pedantic about buying fresh cos I want to make a marinade but I just feel when it is frozen it doesn't really stick to the chicken

Back
Top Bottom