Cantaloupe chiller

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
4:42 PM
Pardon me but this is inspired by the watermelon lime chiller in another thread.

Since it is summer, cool drinks are in fashion. And to avoid too much soda, we always have the cantaloupe drink for meals. It's quite difficult to eat dry dishes (no soup) during summer so we really need a good cool drink. Anyway, what we do with cantaloupe is to grate it with the proper grater which produces strips of cantaloupe like spaghetti. In a pitcher, put water and sugar with the grated cantaloupe and place in the freezer. When semi-frozen, it is time to drink.

PS. You can add some vanilla or lemon drops for flavoring. But to me, plain cantaloupe is okay.

This sounds like it would be really refreshing! Our Starbucks here in Japan has actually just released a seasonal drink which is a cantaloupe frappucino! I had never really thought of cantaloupe to drink before but that is changing my mind.

Where I live, cantaloupe isn't a popular fruit. We can get it though and I do eat it with yogurt in the morning or by itself. I have never had the drink though, as I am not sure about the taste. I do blend watermelon with mint and drink that icey cold or chilled. Is it a similar taste? I usually don't like tropical fruit as drinks so I'm afraid of wasting it.

Where I live, cantaloupe isn't a popular fruit. We can get it though and I do eat it with yogurt in the morning or by itself. I have never had the drink though, as I am not sure about the taste. I do blend watermelon with mint and drink that icey cold or chilled. Is it a similar taste? I usually don't like tropical fruit as drinks so I'm afraid of wasting it.
Why don't you post your watermelon drink in the The CookingBites Recipe Challenge? :happy:

Back
Top Bottom