Frosting Ingredients
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 tablespoons very finely chopped cantaloupe
  • Cantaloupe balls for topping cupcakes

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
  2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix cottage cheese, sugar, milk, cantaloupe, and eggs. Note: Even when you are done mixing, you will still see cottage cheese bits in the liquid.
  3. Mix in melted butter, semolina flour, all-purpose flour, vanilla, and baking powder.
  4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
  5. Bake minis for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry. Standard-sized cupcakes will take about 20 minutes.
    Frosting Directions
  6. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat butter for 3 minutes on high speed.
  7. Add powdered sugar a little bit at a time until fully combined.
  8. Mix in vanilla and cantaloupe.
  9. Pipe or spread on cooled cupcakes.
  10. Just before serving, top cupcakes with cantaloupe balls.

They sure look pretty. I can't say it's something I might attempt right yet, but I won't rule it out. The other thing is that I would have to research semolina flour. It's the first time I am seeing this type of flour mentioned. Of course that would not stop me trying this if I ever had to attempt this.

Out of politeness to the origin of this recipe, can you please acknowledge where you got it from and post a link to their site. They need to be credited it unless it is your own photo and recipe. Thanks

Ahh. I apologise for that. I have no idea how I left that off. It seems its too late to edit it now anyway. I really did make this recipe though. And I found it delicious and refreshing with a cup of tea. Thanks @morning glory for providing the source.

Back
Top Bottom