Recipe Caramel Sauce

chocomore

Veteran
Local time
5:04 PM
I tried this recipe for the first time last week and it tastes better than it looks:)

4 tablespoon of soft brown sugar
4 tablespoon of golden syrup
2oz of butter
4 tablespoon of water

Place the syrup and sugar into a saucepan and heat while stirring until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes, allow to cool and add butter and water. Return to the heat and boil for a further 2 minutes then allow to cool.
Serves 4
I served mine with bananas.

Yum, yum :love:

This caramel sauce does not only sound tasty but it's really easy to prepare and almost any of us have these ingredients already at home.

Have to try it for the dessert today, particularly because I have bananas and never though of this them with a sauce like this.

Thanks for sharing this recipe chocomore :thumbsup:

Interesting! However, what is golden sauce?

I'm in need of a good caramel recipe for my homemade Caramel Frappuccino's. I used to have no problem buying Smucker's but I can't find it anywhere, right now. Cajeta is more popular here but doesn't have the right taste for my Frappuccino's. It does fine in a pinch but I much prefer caramel.

Interesting! However, what is golden sauce?

I'm in need of a good caramel recipe for my homemade Caramel Frappuccino's. I used to have no problem buying Smucker's but I can't find it anywhere, right now. Cajeta is more popular here but doesn't have the right taste for my Frappuccino's. It does fine in a pinch but I much prefer caramel.
Golden syrup is a pale form of treacle technically. However, going by wiki, it is available world wide with the one exception of America where white corn syrup is common (something we can't get as easily!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_syrup

207px-Lyle'sGoldenSyrup.jpg
320px-Golden_Syrup.jpg

Back
Top Bottom