Catering vans

I went by the gas station the other day that had the rhino painted on the food truck and noticed its the rhino truck isn't there anymore now its a taco truck.

jason-donervan.jpg

We were at the Chinese festival in town today (to buy Christmas dinner) and came across these "safety first" electrical connections...

electric s.jpg

So right Russ.

And these are the guys we phone to sort out our IT problems!

Lagos is not much better. But at least they are not trying to sort out IT problems.

Speaking on india and tech support...i once called with a computer software problem to microsoft and was sent to a call center in india...as the man is going thru the those useless step for to do to diagnois the problem i actually heard pages being turned...i asked aren't you on a computer? The answer...lots more pages turned. I find tech support from the Philippines a bit better, my old isp had their call center there.

But those crazy electrical hookups....i remember reading about a fire started in detroit that burnt down both peoples homes and abandoned building started because of an illegal tap into the electrical grid.

The "alternative" Hainanese chicken shop today. Not as good in my opinion.

5.jpg

This is the Pok-Pok cart so named because he uses a hollow piece of wood to knock on the bike frame to announce his arrival. This sounds like a pok-pok (mortar and pestle). The food is rice noodles, pork meat balls, char siu and grass (with chillis etc. of course).

pok-pok cart s.jpg

Pork noodles 3 s.jpg

This is the Pok-Pok cart so named because he uses a hollow piece of wood to knock on the bike frame to announce his arrival. This sounds like a pok-pok (mortar and pestle). The food is rice noodles, pork meat balls, char siu and grass (with chillis etc. of course).

View attachment 21783

View attachment 21784
May I suggest that some of the tastiest food on the planet is served from trikes like that, you are making me hungry.

Spotted this meat ball/sausage cart this afternoon. Obviously he must sell a lot.

Meat ball cart s.jpg

Meat ball car 2t.jpg

Back
Top Bottom