Cheap Meat Deals

lizzief79

Veteran
Local time
9:08 AM
I was so excited with a cheap meat deal that I got yesterday that I thought I would share it and ask if anyone can beat it.
I passed a butcher's I have never been in before in a local town. They were offering family packs of fresh meat for £20 (about $32). They claimed to feed the family for the week.
I enquired inside to find out what was included. I was astonished to discover that the pack contained the following:
4x lamb chops
4x pork steaks
2x 8oz gammon steaks
8x pork sausages
8x rashers of back bacon
1x topside beef joint
1x pork loin joint
1lb beef mince
1lb pork mince
4x chicken fillets
Obviously, I decided to buy a pack. Can anyone beat this deal
I am making chicken breasts stuffed with soft cheese and wrapped in bacon tonight.

I always try to find a pot roast on sale, as well as a fresh pork shoulder, cubed steak and sirloin steaks. :wink:

Wow. This is great! Are the kinds of meat included still okay? I mean we bought some packs like this one that are on sale here in my country. Sadly, the meat had a smell that was already unpleasant.

Yes, they are fine. The butcher packs the fresh meat daily. I made my first meal with it last night. Chicken stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. I served it with leeks in butter and sauteed potatoes. Delicious!

Back
Top Bottom