Recipe Cheddar Pull-Aparts 2 Ways, Super Easy

ThatDude

Quo Fata Ferunt
Local time
3:18 PM
Website
jonobrands.com
This batch makes enough to set out for say 4 people. Prep time about 20 min. Cooking time 22min-30min

You can make biscuit dough, scones, puff pastry, or but some dough pre-fab. This was 2 tubes of Pillsbury Croissant sheets (uncut). Super easy.

6oz of cheddar as your choice, I used one from the land down under that I like. Old Croc. It's strong, has a great dry texture but melts nicely.

1 Bunch of green onion, sliced. I use the green part/tops for the only cheese and cheddar, and the whites for the ones with the ham.

6oz Sliced ham (optional), I prefer Black Forest, you do you.

1 egg for egg wash.
-------------------------------------------------
Preheat oven to 350°F

While oven is heating, grate your cheddar and slice your green onions and prepare egg-wash (1 beaten egg with a T of water).

Flour a work surface to roll out your dough, saving a little bench flour for dusting. You don't need to roll out too much, about 12x15 in size.

Simply sprinkle on grated cheddar and green onions, then start rolling up from the long end. Slice into 1 inch pieces for the small little popper sized bites, and place cut side up into a greased mini-muffin tin, should make about 16 pieces.

for larger ones, add ham and again roll from the long side and slice into about 1and a half inch slices. Place cut side up into a greased muffin pan.

Brush with egg-wash and top with a little more cheese if you prefer.

Bake for about 22min, or until golden, with a little bit of crusty lacing on the edges.

The large ones are great with a couple of eggs and some Hollandaise.

The little ones are just great to have on any table, for any occasion.

HERE is a link to all pics.

Finito:

Large ones with Ham

Small poppers

Back
Top Bottom