• 250 gr all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp sweet paprika
  • 1/2 tsp curry
  • 220-250 gr hard cheese
  • 140 gr unsalted butter
  • Ice cold water
How to:
  • Mix the flour, butter, salt, curry and paprika together in a bowl.
  • Add the cheese in the bowl and mix.
  • Add 4-6 tsp cold water
  • Cover the bowl, and put it in in the fridge for 30 minutes.
  • Take the dough out of the fridge and using a roller, roll the dough until the thickness is around 3-4mm. Cut various shapes.
  • Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 15-20 minutes until they raise and have a nice golden brown color.

Sounds pretty straightforward. I'm just wondering whether it would be an idea to prick them over with a fork to stop them rising too much? All the commercial crackers you buy seem to have holes in them, don't they?

I'd never thought about making my own crackers, but I certainly eat enough of them and the good ones are getting pricey, so this'll come in handy!

Making crackers never crossed my mind but it has now after seeing this recipe, hopefully it will come out ok:)

Mine either, never thought to try myself on making cheese crackers until today, when I thought to start getting ready for holiday and browse FoodiesChat to see what other appetizers ideas can pick.

Thanks Mew for posting this recipe :D

Like the other posters, I've never thought of making my own cheese crackers but this recipe sounds delicious. I love the idea of incorporating paprika and curry powder. I'll have to give this recipe a go. :)

Back
Top Bottom