Recipe Cheesy Zucchini Rice

OhioTom76

Guru
Local time
8:58 AM
This was pretty simple recipe, but something I will be making more often as a side dish. Plus it's simple to do some variations on, such as substituting jalapenos for the zucchini.

1 Cup of Minute Rice
1 Cup of shredded zucchini
1 Cup of chicken stock
1/2 Cup of shredded Italian Cheese Blend

Put the first three ingredients in a container with a tight fitting lid and microwave for 6 minutes. You need a tight lid so the moisture doesn't escape or the lid doesn't pop off otherwise the rice won't cook properly and will be very dry.

After cooking, fluff rice with fork and add cheese and gently blend. Cheddar would work great in this as well, or perhaps swap out some of the Italian Cheese Blend for some Parmesan.

The Cheddar/Jalapeno combo came out great too. It actually re-heated pretty well too, which I wasn't expecting - I thought the cheese would curdle up and/or separate too much, but it didn't.

This cheesy zuchinni rice recipe sounds so interesting to eat. I will give this a try and it is only with a simple ingredients and a simple preparation. And because i really loves cheese this will really gives me more appetite to enjoy eating. :)

Back
Top Bottom