Recipe Chicken and rice

imagenscape

Veteran
Local time
10:43 AM
I love this dish, especially when my mother in law makes it for me. Its a good thing to have on hand for those cold days where you need a little pick me up.

What you will need.
1 can of Campbell mushroom soup
1 cup water
3/4 cup rice
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 pound chicken breast

stir the soup water rice and seasonings into a baking dish. Top with chicken and sprinkle a bit more paprika over the chicken. Cover the baking dish.

Bake at 375 for 45 minuets or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and rice is soft.

I think my mother in law adds onion soup to the soup mix, but I'm not sure how much so I didn't add it into the recipe.

Both Campbell's soup and Lipton Onion Soup mix have msg in them, but you can use another brand that doesn't. I have never shopped for onion soup mix so I don't know a brand to recommend, but Amy's makes really good soups that are msg free and taste wonderful.

I've always done mine on the stovetop by first boiling the chicken until it is almost done, then adding the uncooked rice to the chicken & liquid. :hungry:

I begin by placing a large super-sized non-stick pan on top of stove. I sprinkle garlic powder, fresh chopped onions, pepper and salt, and 1/4 cup of water into the pan. Then I place one raw chicken thigh that can fit into the pan. Once all of the raw chicken is thoroughly cooked to the bone, I place eight cups of water into pan. Once the water is boiling, I pour in the four cups of rice. I let it simmer for a whole hour. It is always delicious.
Later, in about 20 minutes, I cook the rest of the raw chicken thighs. I would get about two cups of chicken fat after cooking. I use that cooking fat to season everything including steaming vegetables.

Back
Top Bottom