Chicken casserole ideas?

cookiefanatic54

Über Member
Local time
5:55 PM
I am obsessed with chicken and I want to try out a new casserole recipe. Does anybody have any ideas? I don't want to spend a huge amount of money and I am only cooking for myself. Also, something that freezes well would be great.

you could always do the kitchen sink one I tend to do. It's basically a thickened roux as a white sauce for the base alongside boiled herbed potatoes, cubes of chicken, cubes of any vegetables (carrots, broccoli's, celery etc.) I love to add peas and corn as well. I season with paprika, garlic powder, plenty of black pepper. Mix this up with the thickened roux and press into the casserole dish. You can choose to layer the top with cheese or breadcrumbs, or even leave it as is. You can even top with slices of tomatos or bacon. Whatever your liking is.

Leave the chicken pieces quite big and wrap them in bacon. Add whatever stock and veg appeals to you. I usually just add onions and mushrooms.

I am obsessed with chicken and I want to try out a new casserole recipe. Does anybody have any ideas? I don't want to spend a huge amount of money and I am only cooking for myself. Also, something that freezes well would be great.

I don't know if this freezes well but it's really good. If you are only cooking for yourself then I would cut this in half. it does Fill the casserole pretty full.
http://www.copymethat.com/r/oMxBZtR/caesar-chicken-pasta-land-o-lakes-casser/

I don't think this would freeze well, but it doesn't make a whole lot. and you should probably still cut in half. it's very good though. this was a pillsbury or Land O Lakes recipe I don't remember which anymore.

Servings 6

Ingredients

1 can (11 ounces) refrigerated soft bread sticks

1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo pasta sauce

1/3 cup milk

1 pound frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, thawed and drained

2 cups cut up cooked chicken

2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning

Directions

1. Heat oven to 375 F. Unroll bread stick dough; separate at perforations to form 12 strips and set aside.

2. Mix pasta sauce, milk, vegetables and chicken in 3-quart saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Spoon into ungreased rectangular pan, 13 X 9 X 2 inches.

3. Twist each dough strip; arrange crosswise over hot chicken mixture, gently stretching strips if necessary to fit. Sprinkle with cheese and Italian seasoning.

4. Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until breadsticks are deep golden brown.

Calories 525 Fat 32g Sodium 750mg Carbs. 36g Fiber 4g Sugars g Cholesterol mg Calcium mg Protein g Iron g

Notes:

this one is easy and it does freeze well too.
Chicken Black Bean and Corn Enchilada Casserole
Pillsbury – Chicken & Fish

Servings 6

Ingredients

1 tablespoon oil

1 cup chopped onions

1 large garlic clove, minced

1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained

1 (9 oz.) frozen corn, thawed (or 2/3 cup canned whole kernel corn)

2 cups diced cooked chicken

1 (10 oz.) package corn tortillas,

1 (19 oz.) can Enchilada Sauce

8 ounces (2 cups) shredded cheddar cheese

Directions

1. Heat oven to 350 F. Spray 8 inch square (2 quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spary.

2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onions; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 to 60 seconds or until softened. Stir in beans, corn and chicken. Remove from heat.

3. Cut stack of tortillas in half; cut each half into ½ strips. Place 1/3 of tortilla strips evenly in bottom of sprayed baking dish. Top with 1/3 of enchilada sauce. Layer with half of bean mixture and half of cheese. Cover with second 1/3 of tortilla strips and second 1/3 of enchilada sauce. Layer with last half of bean mixture and remaining 1/3 of the tortilla strips.

4. Top with remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with remaining half of cheese. Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray. Cover baking dish with foil, sprayed side down.

5. Bake at 350 F. For 30 minutes. Uncover; bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until bubbly.

I make one, but I doubt it freezes well. It's just egg noodles, cooked and chopped chicken breasts, a can of cream of mushroom, a can of cream of chicken and then some grated cheese (as much or as little as you want). I'm in Canada and we used to have this cheese called Petit Quebec, it was great but I can't find it anymore so I'll use either mozzarella or white cheddar, but Monterey Jack or something similar would work well in this dish. Just cook up the noodles and chicken, then mix everything together in a casserole and in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom