Chicken Salad Recipes

DIna00

Veteran
Local time
6:45 PM
Anyone care to share some of your favorite chicken salad recipes?

Our current favorite is this:

cubed or shredded chicken
raisins
green onions
diced apples
mayonnaise
curry powder
ginger
lemon juice
honey

My 4 year old will eat this all day long! No matter how much I make this always disappears within a day.

That's great that your little one likes salad, they will be healthier than most children these days by eating so many veggies.

I don't usually put too much into my salads, but I do usually purchase a salad greens mix that has several different types of lettuce, usually some red cabbage, spinach and other little greens. It tends to change seasonally as this mix comes from a local family farm.

I do like to add apples, sometimes raisins or craisins and sunflower seads. Not always into salad dressing though. Most of the time I eat my salads dry.

I love chicken salad. I could eat it for lunch every day. I always use cubed chicken that I've poached, then I add finely chopped celery, sweet onion, garlic powder, mayonnaise (Hellmans, not Miracle Whip) , salt and pepper. It's fantastic. I've never thought to put curry powder, I'll have to try it.

I always make Chicken Macaroni Salad with the following ingredients:

Cooked shredded chicken
Cooked macaroni pasta
Mayonnaise
All purpose cream
Sweet pickles relish
Chopped Vienna sausage
Raisins
Pineapple tidbits
Grated Carrot
Salt and white pepper to taste
Grated cheese

(I do not use onion when I am making my Chicken Salad)

This is my favorite recipe for my chicken salad and it really taste simple and delicious!

We almost have the same recipe for chicken salad except that I had posted in another thread the cubed apples, sorry, it should be diced (as I had seen in this thread). Anyway, the apples add flavor that makes the chicken salad palatable to the taste buds of the children. We do not add raisins although sometimes we add roasted chestnuts or walnuts for more flavoring. The chestnuts are to be diced also like the apple. Using walnuts, it should be crushed but do not grind.

Back
Top Bottom