Chicken Soup

Ellyn

Veteran
Local time
4:22 AM
When I lived in Indonesia, we had a cook who would make my very favorite version of chicken soup, the recipe of which I sadly never got. It was basically a rice porridge, but the porridge wasn't exactly runny because it was meant to have added a chicken broth that would be very yellow so I'm guessing that it had a lot of tallow in it. And then there would be roasted peanuts to add some texture to it. And shredded chicken meat, too, but the strange thing is that chicken wouldn't be boiled but crispy roasted. Some chives and basil-like leaves would make it complete.

How is your favorite chicken soup prepared (if you can have or like chicken soup)? Creamy with mushroom or corn? Brothy with bread, garlic and onions?

I'm not big into soups but cream of chicken is my go to when the mood strikes. Cream of chicken consists of pieces of chicken, celery, sometimes potatoes and bacon bits. My mom makes the best version of this.

I love soups in the winter, I can live off of them especially if they are a nice thick consistency and have some homemade bread to go with them. I also love to make them; generally I just toss in whatever I have on hand and see what comes out of it!

My family loves Chicken soup cooked by sauteing garlic, onion, shredded chicken with fish sauce then add chicken broth, white pepper, elbow macaroni pasta, shredded cabbage and carrots, melted butter to taste and lastly when cook already put fresh milk for a more creamier taste. This is a very perfect kind of chicken soup for any season and weather to eat.

One of my favorite ways to make chicken soup is really minimal. I usually do it this way if I've made a large batch of chicken stock from scratch, because I still have all the reserved meat, which I shredded. Most of the time, I don't have enough bones saved up, so I will throw in some whole chicken thighs too, with the meat and skin included. So I'm left with a bunch of meat.

I boil off some Orzo pasta, then drain and rinse it to remove the excess starch, and add it to my stock along with some fresh parsley and the shredded chicken. Then I top a bowl of it off with a generous amount of parmesan cheese. That's it. Sometimes I even leave out the fresh parsley.

I also enjoy it as a stew with the broth, and shredded chicken, cooked with some roughly diced tomatoes, potatoes and onions. I cook it until the potatoes are fork tender and the tomatoes and onion have broken down into the sauce. And finish it towards the end with some fresh parsley.

Back
Top Bottom