Recipe Chicken stir fry

thestoryteller1

Veteran
Local time
7:59 AM
Hey guys, not sure if you've tried this, but it's fantastic! I found the recipe on the Nerd Fitness Blog, though honestly I always adjust it slightly to my liking.

The just of it is, you cut the chicken in bite-sized chunks and start frying it in deep pan with some olive oil on mid-temperature I think. You cook until it looks done (fully white or brown edges if you prefer). While it's cooking you add spices.

You add lemon juice, may be a little soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce, and then the dry spices: garlic salt, pepper, regular salt...and anything else you feel like adding.
I swear by it, best easy chicken recipe I've done. And after you are done with the chicken, you can do some veggies the same way (like carrots and peppers). It is fantastic, I love the taste!

I don't recommend using olive oil to fry food. Olive oil is not very best tolerant, so by the time you get all your food cooked, you will have created a lot of transfats by having the oil too hot. Use coconut oil instead as it has the heat tolerance for a dish like this.

I have prepared a similar dish and always with soy sauce. I would like a substitute for the soy sauce as I am constantly being told it has too much sodium but I just love the flavour. These days I don't which oil to use. There was a time when I wanted olive oil for everything but these days with all the changing views, I mostly have canola oil on hand.

heat some sesame oil and fry off your chicken,then add a selection of thinly cut vegetables ,and carry on the frying,then add some pre cooked noodles i then add a splash of light soy a splash of a sweet chill sauce and a splash of water,carry on heating and coat the mix with the now forming sauce,
simple fast and a balanced meal ,
:chef:

For some variations on this, you could start off by tossing the cut up chicken in a little dusting of corn starch. Place the chicken in a bowl, sprinkle some corn starch over it, along with some soy sauce and some dry sherry (or rice wine if you have it) and stir it all together, then cover and let it rest for like 10-15 min. The corn starch coating is known as "velveting" the meat, which will give it a slightly velvety texture on the outside as it cooks, causing it to brown up nicely too, and it makes whatever sauce you're using coat the meat better. You don't have to add the soy sauce and sherry, just the corn starch and the natural moisture on the meat will do the trick.

Cabbage is a great substitute for starchy noodles or rice - especially if you are eating low carb. Chinese cabbage, aka Napa cabbage, works particularly well for stir fries since it's leaves are thinner and don't take nearly as long to become tender as a regular head of cabbage will. Or if you like a variety of hard crunchy cabbage and soft tender leaves, try using bok choy instead - you may need to add the tougher parts first then the more tender parts later though, so they don't overcook.

I little bit of fish sauce and/or sesame oil, as well as some fresh ginger will give it a more complex flavor beyond just the usual soy sauce. For garlic, I often smash the peeled heads and saute them in the oil just enough to flavor the oil nicely then I fish them out so I don't have to worry about the garlic burning while I'm stir frying everything else.

I think a cook my version of this recipe using noodles instead of rice. I cut the chicken up and coat it with flour, brown the chicken and mix it with the noodles. The kids love it. We use BBQ sauce most of the time on the chicken if we eat it with french fries.

Back
Top Bottom