Chicken Tenders

lenachristine

Veteran
Local time
4:50 PM
I catch chicken tenders on sale at my local Kroger pretty often. When I do, I stock up. My go to for them is homemade chicken strips, but I'd like to branch out and try something new and different with them. Any unusual breading or marinade ideas I could use for them?

I'm always experimenting with homemade batter variations for my tenders when I make them. I have to say that my off the top of my head favorite is sun dried tomato and garlic variation. It's very yummy and the longer I let my batter set before using makes the tomato and garlic more "spicy" and better.

I'm always experimenting with homemade batter variations for my tenders when I make them. I have to say that my off the top of my head favorite is sun dried tomato and garlic variation. It's very yummy and the longer I let my batter set before using makes the tomato and garlic more "spicy" and better.

Sun dried tomato and garlic sounds heavenly! I don't think my house of picky eaters would go for it, but I sure would. How are you making your batter? I usually just roll my tenders in seasoned flour and fry in some hot oil.

For marinade, I always go with rosemary brine when it comes to chicken.

For breading, crushed plain corn flakes.

I've never tried having them together, though.

For marinade, I always go with rosemary brine when it comes to chicken.

For breading, crushed plain corn flakes.

I've never tried having them together, though.

Oh yes, I've made them with crushed cornflakes before. I mixed a packet of dry ranch seasoning mix in with it too. My family absolutely loved them. I haven't made them that way in quite some time though. Probably because I rarely every buy cornflakes. I usually only use them for chicken tenders when there happens to be a box in the pantry that is starting to go stale. I hate throwing food away, so I try to get creative to use everything up however I can.

Most of the time, I dice them and use them in a chicken wrap. I like to make grilled chicken caesar wraps, on a spinach tortilla, along with some romaine lettuce that's been tossed in caesar dressing, some shredded parmesan and some black olives and red onion, and the diced chicken. Or, simply blending some sun dried tomatoes with mayo makes a great spread on pita bread, along with your chicken, some feta cheese, olives, onions and romaine.

You can make a blackened chicken, with just some butter and Cajun seasoning blend. Or soak them in some teryaki sauce for a few hours or overnight before grilling. You can even make your own teryaki sauce from scratch - it's only a few ingredients.

Lawry's makes a great blend called Fire Roasted Chile & Garlic which is really good too, especially if you like taco seasoning. It's quite a bit different from your usual taco seasoning though, since it has a lot of smoked paprika in it - which gives it a wonderful smoky taste.

Or go Greek, with some oregano, garlic, lemon and olive oil. That might be good along with a corn-flake crust.

Back
Top Bottom