Recipe Chilaquiles with Salsa Verde and Mexican Chorizo

In (very) general terms, "chorizo" in Mexico and many other places in Latin America contains far more fat . A trip to the Taco stalls in Mexico City will offer chorizo tacos - they split the chorizo, fry the stuff on a hot plate, stuff it in a taco, and then you choose what salsa, or condiment, you decide to put on it. There are usually a dozen or so, ranging from habanero, smoky chiles, creamy salsas and rather mild pico de gallo.

I thought they were too, until my son moved from Mexico to London. Check this place out:Cool chile
Not cheap, I imagine.

Unfortunately out of stock but I'll bookmark the site:

Unfortunately out of stock but I'll bookmark the site:

View attachment 70583

The description on that website image you posted is pretty good. I don't know that I would say they are as tart as rhubarb, but they are on the tart side, as opposed to tomatoes used in Salsa Roja, which are sweet.

You peel that husk that looks like leaves, and discard it. Then, as mentioned in the recipe, wash them well with water, as they have a sticky coating that does not taste good. It washes off easily under running water alone. When washed, the skin will feel like the skin of a tomato.

That tomatillo salsa on the website may be worth trying. It looks like salsa verde at first glance.

CD

Back
Top Bottom