Chilli sauce

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
11:45 PM
[Mod comment: this post and several others moved to create a new topic (TR)]

Looks terrific. I often put a little green salsa on my breakfast egg dishes. A little heat on an egg works very well.

A friend of mine keeps me supplied with homemade hot sauce. It's the best hot sauce I've ever had in my life!

A friend of mine keeps me supplied with homemade hot sauce. It's the best hot sauce I've ever had in my life!
Is it homemade? My favorite red hot sauce is Cholula - a Mexican red hot sauce with flavor that beats Tabasco. It is avaiable everywhere in the U.S. The green salsa I like is Herdez, also a national brand. I've experimented with hot sauces and haven't been able to top these two in my kitchen. So I just buy them.

I use this one:

C4.jpg

Is it homemade? My favorite red hot sauce is Cholula - a Mexican red hot sauce with flavor that beats Tabasco. It is avaiable everywhere in the U.S. The green salsa I like is Herdez, also a national brand. I've experimented with hot sauces and haven't been able to top these two in my kitchen. So I just buy them.

Yes. Homemade. He extracts the oils from the hot peppers himself. He lives in southern Texas and has a really long growing season.

I dont like heat or chilies BUT I make hot chilly sauce for my kids. They love heat . The heat gene skipped me and the wife.

Russ
I like what I call a "slight tang" but hubby and I don't love heat. Well, except wasabi.

I grew Ghost Peppers in the garden. They are seriously hot. I cut off a tiny sliver from the end, and it was still burning half an hour later. Not for the faint-hearted.
Those competitions you see of people eating loads of chiles? They've got to be mad. Despite the benefits of chiles (vitamin C, vitamin A, etc), eating a whole load of them just to see who is more macho is really stupid, IMHO!

I grew Ghost Peppers in the garden. They are seriously hot. I cut off a tiny sliver from the end, and it was still burning half an hour later. Not for the faint-hearted.
Those competitions you see of people eating loads of chiles? They've got to be mad. Despite the benefits of chiles (vitamin C, vitamin A, etc), eating a whole load of them just to see who is more macho is really stupid, IMHO!

Yeah our son entered a competition last xmas. Eat a whole pizza and get $200. He has a high tolerance to heat.
He only ate 2. Pieces and gave up.

Russ

Don't know whether you ever saw that show "Man vs Food". the presenter once went through a dozen chicken wings laced with Carolina Reaper sauce. Never made it. I bet his bathroom was a mess for the following 24 hours...

Back
Top Bottom