Chocolate and coconut flavour vodka - seriously?

Local time
1:09 PM
Website
www.helium.com
I'm not a fan of flavoured vodkas, and I certainly won't be trying this offering. Call me old fashioned, but I like my vodka to taste of vodka. Has anyone else tried this one? Is it worth the price tag? Maybe you can recommend a flavoured vodka that is worth trying - over to you!

Please don't knock until you have tried it, lol. While nothing is wrong with current preference of wanting your vodka to taste like actually vodka, these flavoured ones are just as good. I actually love the coconut, its really good and goes down easier than original vodka, but make no mistakes it has not lost its kick because it is just as effective as the original vodka. Seeing as how your understandably skeptical, for you I would recommend the Apple Vodka, try that and go from there. I have no doubt you'll like it, if not I hope you can at least appreciate it.

Haven't tried either one of those however I do love the flavored Finlandia ones. Especially grapefruit... it's so delicious when server ice cold.
If you don't want to buy a whole bottle then maybe you could just see if you can find a bar that serves this? That way you could taste it without having to buy a whole bottle.

Everyone's tastes are different, so it may just not be your thing.

I like a lot of the Absolut flavored vodkas, on their own but especially for mixing. Their pear vodka mixes beautifully with ginger beer.

I like absolute vodkas too. My favorite is the watermelon. I love drinking this. I still buy the plain vodka because I sometimes just want a screwdriver:D.

Yeah I like mixing with the coconut. I haven't tried the other ones but I plan on doing that soon.

I like absolute vodkas too. My favorite is the watermelon. I love drinking this. I still buy the plain vodka because I sometimes just want a screwdriver:D.

I haven't tried to watermelon, but not I want to come up with a cocktail for it!

But yeah, never giving up on the plain vodka. I like a nice clean one for that, though. Tito's is nice, for example, and quite reasonable.

I'm not a fan of flavored vodka either. The fruit varieties are one thing, but chocolate and coconut just don't seem like a natural or compatible flavor for vodka. However, I don't mind coconut flavoring in rum, but that is the one exception. I like to stay away from alcoholic beverages with a lot of add sugars or artificial ingredients. I like to keep it quite simple when it comes to alcohol.

I'm not a fan of flavored vodka either. The fruit varieties are one thing, but chocolate and coconut just don't seem like a natural or compatible flavor for vodka. However, I don't mind coconut flavoring in rum, but that is the one exception. I like to stay away from alcoholic beverages with a lot of add sugars or artificial ingredients. I like to keep it quite simple when it comes to alcohol.

Flavoring can be tricky, but one of the best cocktails I remember having was a Godiva Chocolate Vodka Martini. So delicious.

Flavoring can be tricky, but one of the best cocktails I remember having was a Godiva Chocolate Vodka Martini. So delicious.
I don't know if it is because it is Godiva, but suddenly that drinks sounds delicious. I think it is a very delicate balance though. I would probably love that specific martini, but creating it at home with a store-bought flavored chocolate spirit probably wouldn't even come close. It sounds so decadent and good though! Do you remember where you ordered this drink?

I haven't tried to watermelon, but not I want to come up with is a cocktail for it!

But yeah, never giving up on the plain vodka. I like a nice clean one for that, though. Tito's is nice, for example, and quite reasonable.
I will have to see about getting that. I am always looking for a good vodka at a reasonable price.

I don't know if it is because it is Godiva, but suddenly that drinks sounds delicious. I think it is a very delicate balance though. I would probably love that specific martini, but creating it at home with a store-bought flavored chocolate spirit probably wouldn't even come close. It sounds so decadent and good though! Do you remember where you ordered this drink?

Oh, it was several years ago somewhere in Nevada, sorry. But I agree, the ingredients are going to make a huge difference.

I've had some terrible flavored vodkas, including the biggest disappointment of all; Bakon Vodka, which tasted like burnt rubber to me. Ah well. live and learn.

We had a bottle of black cow milk vodka from Dorset ,a little bit different and a defiantly a talking point

A friend at wirk suggested I try Pucker vodka. She drinks it and likes it and she said they have some good flavors. I don't know but I'm willing to give it a try but right now it will have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom