Chocolate chilli torte advice

DMCA38

Local time
9:47 AM
Instead of making pastry i made a base from butter and dark chocolate digestives and have chilled. However the filling requires 2 eggs added and baked to set. My question is would my base get messed up if i put in the oven once the filling is added. And secondly if i left out the eggs and added gelatine leaves and chilled would that be a workaround?

Can you tell us what what else is in the filling? In principle baking should be OK. There are baked cheesecakes which use that method.

Do the digestive really need to have chocolate considering the filling is chocolate? What about incorporating citrus peel, crushed nuts or maybe coconut to add an extra dimension?

Good point. I somehow skimmed over the fact the biscuits were chocolate topped. That could be an issue with baking the base. I agree a contrast in taste to the filling would be better. Trouble is - he has already made the base...

Right lol, ok. I think it should be ok. A little chocolate releasing into more chocolate shouldn't be an issue. The only issue that might occur is the release from the ramekins. If the ramekins were coated in butter, then a coconut or nut covering, put into the freezer before adding the filling that could release easier.

That's the base with no filling

16495193131607934484329806839913.jpg

Digestives and butter. Recipe suggests 150celcius for 20 mins for tge filling to set. Just wondering if this would destroy the base being in the oven.

Digestives and butter. Recipe suggests 150celcius for 20 mins for tge filling to set. Just wondering if this would destroy the base being in the oven.

I wish I could advise but I've never used chocolate digestives as a base/crust. 150 C is a low temperature so hopefully it will be OK to be baked for 20 mins. I was worried the chocolate in the crumb could sort of melt and burn really. But I think having got this far you should now go for it!

Please update us with the result. :)

I've used chocolate wafers, think vanilla wafers, but chocolate, to make a crust like a graham cracker crust and it turned out just fine.

I've also used oreos for a crust with a baked cheesecake and that came out fine as well.

Back
Top Bottom